Meet Phi Psi Philanthropist, Sid Daftary!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Year: Junior

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Major: Industrial Engineering and Legal Studies

Claim to Fame: Phi Psi Philanthropy Chair and Director of Philanthropy for GreekBuild

What is the Phi Psi Blood Drive?

We do two blood drives with the Red Cross every year. It was a tradition before I became Phi Psi’s Philanthropy Chair, so I’m keeping it going. This year, the blood drive is on Friday, February 7th from 12 to 6 p.m. at the Phi Psi house.

What other philanthropies have you been a part of?

With Phi Psi, we do Phi Psliddde every year. We rent a water slide and have different food items; last year, we had piña coladas and daiquiris and were sponsored by Rockstar and Coke Zero. We have a new philanthropy coming up in February called Snow Bowl, which is a football game where the profits will go to GreekBuild. It’s Phi Psi against ZBT, and we’re going to be selling hand warmers and concessions. In the fall, we do Phall Phest, which is pumpkin smashing and pie. We have a DM fundraiser every year as well, so there are a lot of different philanthropy and service events that we do. For GreekBuild, there’s a March Madness basketball tournament that hasn’t been announced yet, so this is your exclusive scoop.

Why is it so important for people to come out and donate blood this weekend?

It takes very little out of a person’s day, but can make such a huge difference in someone’s life. According to the Red Cross, one donation can help save the lives of up to three people. It’s especially important to come out and donate if you have a rare blood type that is in low supply.

What else are you involved in on campus?

Aside from being the Phi Psi Philanthropy Chair and Director of Philanthropy for Greek Build, I am a moderator on Northwestern’s Model UN.

What do you hope to do in the future?

In the immediate future, I’d like to go to law school. Later on down the road, I want to live in a big city and hopefully continue to do philanthropic service. 

Olivia Bahou

Northwestern

Liv is a junior majoring in journalism at Northwestern University who hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. Her interest include fashion, Pure Barre, Chai tea lattes, professional tennis and anything related to Italy, where she studied abroad. She loves being the CC for Her Campus Northwestern and looks forward to what the future has in store!