Meet Newly Elected ASG Vice President Christina Kim!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Christina Kim

Year: 2016 

Major: Computer Science in McCormick 

Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia

We talked to Christina Kim, the newly elected vice president of ASG, about her campaign process!

Congrats on being elected ASG Vice President! What are you looking forward to most for the upcoming year?

I’m looking forward to getting to know and work with our new exec board. It’ll be exciting collaborating across within our exec board and outside of ASG.

What was the most challenging part of campaigning?

The most challenging part of campaigning was dealing with unplanned events or changes that occurred during the campaign. For example, our mail chimp accounts [writer’s note: mail chimp accounts are multi-user accounts] were frozen the night voting started. We ended up just waiting on sending emails and it worked out eventually!

The most rewarding?

The most rewarding was definitely getting to work with our campaign team. We were lucky to have really great people to work with us before and during the campaign.

How did you and Noah think of “listen then lead” as your slogan?

Noah and I came up with Listen and Lead because we really felt that it best encompassed our plan of action of Accountability, Accessibility, and Opportunity. We felt that listening is the first step in being effective leaders.

What else are you involved in on campus?

I was the NUCHR PR Co-Chair this past year and was the ASG VP of Services this past year.

Who has been your favorite Vice President in U.S. history?

Lyndon Johnson. LBJ was an advocate of civil rights and worked to reform immigration laws. He also was a dope president too.