This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: David Russell

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Greenwich CT

Major: Econ

Claim to Fame: Member of the men’s club Water Polo Team

What are you involved with on Campus?

Well I’m on the Water polo team, I’m in Beta Theta Pi, and I’m doing Dance Marathon this year.

Tell us a little bit about the water polo team here.

It’s a really great program. Pretty anyone is welcome to join the team, but only some people will be on the travel roster. The travel roster  team goes to about three tournaments fall quarter and at those we play 3 or 4 games. We’re in Big Ten club league so we go to a bunch of big ten schools. We’ve gone to Purdue, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, it rotates. The group of guys is really fun to travel with hangout with. It’s a good social group.

Do you ever have anything here at Northwestern?

Yeah, we host something here around the end of the winter here at Northwestern. A bunch of local teams and a few big ten teams come and it’s in SPAC. I think it’ some time in January but I don’t think there’s a set date yet. It’s a good time.

How long have you been playing water polo?

I actually started water polo when I got to Northwestern. My friend was going to play and I didn’t want to continue any of the sports I did in high school. I’d watched it in the Olympics and thought it was a cool sport, so I figured I’d try something new.  In high school I did crew, wrestling, and track and field.

What’s your ideal girl?

Definitely a girl who’s easy-going. I like girls who expect you to treat them right and be a good boyfriend but they’re also more laid back and happy to be with you. I usually like brunettes.

What’s your favorite kind of music?

Usually any kind of rock.