Jake Straub ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Birthday: September 1, 1991
Hometown: Fishers, Indiana
Major: History/Psychology
Relationship status: Single

Likes: Jake likes baseball, working out and being active, sunshine and warmth, the beach, any dessert, hanging with friends, music, and movies.

Dislikes: This cutie hates writing papers, cold weather, clothes that do not match, and early mornings.

What do you do on campus? I’m on the baseball team, so I spend most of my time over at the athletic fields/facilities. But I do attend the occasional class on South Campus and hit up Sargent and Allison frequently for meals.

Spring break plans? The baseball team has a 10 day trip where we play 9 games. We play 4 in Florida, and than we have 5 more in North Carolina.

Favorite thing about Northwestern? A morning omelet from my man “Q” at sargent

What you look for in a girl: I need a girl that is outgoing and likes to have fun. I want a girl that loves to smile and treats everyone with respect. I like athletes, but I am not limited to them. I like a girl that is independent but still shows that she needs me. I want a girl that I am always wishing to be with, even when we’re apart. Plus, I love being affectionate, so they better be too.

Preference: blonde, brunette, or redhead?
Blondes and brunettes.

Why HC loves Jake – He is one of the most genuine guys on campus. Besides being very attractive, he is sure to be there at any time for any of his girl friends as well as the girl he cares about. Plus, who doesn’t love an athlete? ;)

Monica is a sophomore at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She spent her early years growing up in a small town in Minnesota, but spent the last half of her life in Seoul, South Korea where she developed a city girl love for good food finds and fashion. Journalism has been a major part of her life, but she can also be found relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching movies, and spending time with loved ones. Though she has a tough exterior, Monica is actually a romantic who loves the power of words, the importance of strength in any endeavor, and who always wears her heart on her sleeve.