This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

The world has been fascinated with a book called “The Hunger Games” since 2008. And for many, that love transferred over to the major movie franchise of the same name. The film has made a name for many of its characters. Here’s a look at what they’ll be doing next!

Sam Claflin

Up first is the handsome and talented Sam Claflin. He is set to star in “Me Before You,” in March of 2016, a romantic drama co-starring Emilia Clark as Claflin’s love interest. The movie focuses on William Traynor (Claflin), a rich man who is wheelchair bound and falls in love with his complete opposite, Louisa, played by Emilia Clark. On April 22, 2016, Claflin will play Prince William again in “The Huntsman,” (the first one was “Snow White and the Huntsman,” starring Kristen Stewart). The movie will be a prequel to the original, focusing on the Evil Queen’s sister, Freya the Ice Queen and The Huntsman, played by Chris Hemsworth.

Stanley Tucci

The fabulous Tucci is amazing in every role and brings a great charisma that steals every scene. Coming in September 2016, Tucci will play a villain in an end-of-the-world movie about a pandemic that infects humans, gives them a huge IQ boost and turns them into an entirely new species in the movie “Patient Zero.” But the most exciting thing to look forward to for Tucci is the live action version of “Beauty and the Beast,” also starring Emma Watson, Ewan McGregor and Ian McKellen. It comes out in March of 2017 and Tucci will play Cadenza, a grand piano and new character made for the film.

Woody Harrelson

Although we will all miss Woody’s antics as drunk Haymitch, he has some really exciting projects coming up! He reprises his role in “Now You See Me: The Second Act,” which comes out June 10, 2016. The sequel to the uber popular original will focus on the son of Arthur Tressler, played by Daniel Radcliffe, and his plan to bring “The Four Horsemen” to justice. Harrelson is also playing President Lyndon B. Johnson in the upcoming film “LBJ.” The political drama will focus on Johnson’s journey to the presidency and the legacy that he left. With a character as outspoken as LBJ, Harrelson will be fun to watch. And coming July 14, 2017, he will play the role of the Colonel in “War for the Planet of the Apes.”

Liam Hemsworth

Hemsworth is looking to stick to his action flicks. He will star in “Independence Day: Resurgence,” a sequel to everyone’s favorite alien movie. There are a lot of obstacles with this movie, a huge one being that Will Smith won’t be in it, but it could pull through. It’s a similar plot to the first movie with another invasion due to a distress signal sent by the first extraterrestrials in 1996. It is set to be released June 24, 2016.

Josh Hutcherson

Hutcherson seems so young in the first movie, and now he’s moving on to big serious roles! He just did a short film with “Mockingjay” co-star Jena Malone called “The Rusted,” a psychological thriller about two siblings who want to fix up their mother’s old house. Hutcherson’s also set to star in “In Dubious Battle” in 2016, based off the John Steinbeck book of the same name. It follows a group of fruit-workers who go on strike in the California valley in the 1930s. He’ll co-star alongside Nat Wolff, James Franco (also the director) and Selena Gomez. Is the idea of an old-timey J-Hutch too good? Well, in 2017, he’ll also be the star of “The Long Home,” set in the 1940s, also based on a book and also directed by James Franco. This one seems like it’ll be more action-packed and will be set in Tennessee.

Jennifer Lawrence

J-Law is probably at the height of her career. After winning an Oscar at 22, some thought she would putter out, but that does not seem to be the case. On Christmas, her movie “Joy” comes to theaters with Lawrence in the lead role, playing the inventor of the “Miracle Mop,” Joy Mangano. Lawrence’s other big franchise, the X-Men series, is set to release the third prequel movie in May called “X-Men: Apocalypse.” Lawrence stars alongside Evan Peters, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender and has said that it is her last X-Men movie. Next December, Lawrence is starring with Chris Pratt in a sci-fi film called “Passengers.” If you love Jennifer Lawrence, this is looking to be a good time for you. If you don’t love her, well then I have nothing else to say to you. 

Alani Vargas

Northwestern

Alani is a native to Chicago with a passion for women's rights, journalism and coffee. She is a senior at Northwestern, majoring in journalism at Medill. She's on the magazine track and studied in Florence last fall, advancing her second major in history. Alani has written for Her Campus national and her Northwestern chapter since freshman year and is now the Editor-in-Chief and CC for her chapter. She's also currently a freelancer for Elite Daily When Alani isn't working, binge watching Supergirl, Buffy or the billion other shows she keeps up with, she enjoys music and geeking out over Star Wars or anything Marvel. Follow Alani on twitter and instagram at @alanimv!