Five Fresh Fragrances for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Spring has sprung! As you pack up puffers and stow away gloves, consider storing your winter fragrance as well. Fall and winter are perfect for cozy or musky scents, but tank tops and skirts pair better with lighter, fresher scents. Besides, we all deserve a little treat for enduring winter’s wrath, right? Here’s a roundup of new fragrances in stores this season, just in time for spring.

Prada Candy L’Eau

If you’ve smelled Prada Candy, you are familiar with the sugary scent of amber and caramel. Prada Candy L’Eau features a similar sweet aroma, but with a twist of sweet pea and citrus. This fresh take makes it perfect for a spring picnic or Sunday brunch.

Live Colorfully

Happy 20th anniversary, Kate Spade! In honor of its achievement, the line has announced this new fun fragrance. Its top notes include mandarin and pink water lily, with back notes of amber and vanilla. The scent is bright and cheery, an instant afternoon pick-me-up.

Clinique Happy in Bloom

Clinique Happy is a classic favorite and a consistent best seller. This year, Clinique introduced Clinique Happy in Bloom. It features freesia, amber, and even hints of mimosa.  Try it out if you’re in the mood for something super flowery and feminine.

L’Eau d’Issey Florale by Issey Miyake

This new scent features mandarin, lily, rose and orange blossom. The sleek light pink bottle only contributes to the elegance of this fragrance. In fact, Issey Miyake says the bottle’s hue is “a color that by itself tells the story of the perfume.” Deep.

Dries Van Noten Par Frederic Malle

Frederic Malle’s new fragrance is the first scent in a chain of upcoming perfumes that promise to translate Malle’s favorite people into aromas. Dries van Noten, a Belgian designer known for his minimalistic clothing, is the first to be represented.  While the previously mentioned perfumes are floral and sweet, this one is more sensual, featuring sandalwood, lemon and vanilla. It’s the perfect excuse for a night out this spring.