This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: David Waymer
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
Major: International Studies and Spanish,  Psychology minor
Birthday: March 19, 1992
Campus Living: Allison
Relationship Status: Single

Guilty Pleasures: Girly drinks are probably the biggest one for me. Drinking like a man is great in public but there are times when a good margarita or mimosa can beat a scotch on the rocks. I’m also really embarrassed to say that I watch the Real World. 

Pet Peeves: One thing that developed once I moved to the Midwest was a hatred of?the word “pop” when people are talking about soda. I don’t know why but I just can’t stand it. 

What are you involved with on campus? Other than being a student I’m on the club swimming team, I do Habitat, I’m a pseudo-member of the NU Redcross (sorry I haven’t been to a meeting yet), and I recently joined both the outdoor club and Nom, I think its called. It’s the one where you eat!

What are your future career goals? I’m thinking grad school once I graduate. No idea where yet, but probably for International Business. After that, ideally, I’m looking for a position in Boeing International. I like airplanes, but couldn’t design them cause I suck at science and math so I decided a position at Boeing is the next best thing.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?? Probably a beach date. And I like to be a little different so probably a late afternoon/evening at the beach. A nice one with an actual ocean though, not one like North Beach.

Where’s your favorite place to visit? Cairns, Australia. Hands down most beautiful place I’ve ever been. It has this awesome, laidback seaside feel about it and also great access to the reefs, which as a diver is amazing.

Words he lives by: “Success is a journey, not a destination.”

Future plans:? Too many. And they all interrupt each other. Most of them involve living in Europe at some point, like either England, France, Italy or Spain.

What do you find most attractive in a woman? Self-confidence and some bite or wit. I joke around a lot with people and it’s cool when a girl can take it and dish it right back.

What’s the biggest turnoff in a girl? Probably uptightness. I’m really laidback so it irks me when people are really uptight and spend all their time worrying about stuff that doesn’t matter.

How would you describe your personality? I’m not sure there’s really a word for me but I think I’m pretty fun. I like to laugh and make other people smile. I’m pretty sure I’ve never made it a full day without laughing before. And as I said I’m really relaxed.

Kylie Gilbert

Northwestern

Kylie Gilbert is a senior Journalism major and French minor at Northwestern University. She joined HC as a freshman as a contributing writer and has been campus correspondent since her sophomore year. When she isn't writing, online shopping, or reading fashion magazines, she loves watching The Mindy Project, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother and everything on Bravo.