Cute Halloween Decor You Need For Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Halloween is here! One great way to get yourself in the spooky season mood is to give your dorm room a little festive sprucing with some cute Halloween decor. In my opinion, the best Halloween decorations go well with the theme of your room (mine is hot pink, which can be tricky to match with orange!), so all of these ideas are neutral colors. Here are some small and inexpensive items you can use to give your dorm a scary-but-cute vibe. 

This adorable ghost lamp. It won’t take up too much space on your nightstand or desk and is perfect for using at night. It’s battery-powered, so you can leave it on all night if needed.

This cute trio of ghost throw pillows. They are the perfect addition to your bedding set, and they’re unlikely to clash with your comforter. 

These small bat decals that will hang easily on your wall or door. You can place them around other posters or pictures you have on your walls already. 

This super cool moon garland that you can use just for Halloween or leave up throughout the year.

This simple white pumpkin that you can decorate with paint or keep plain as an elegant touch to your desk or nightstand. 

This freakishly cute wall sign that you can hang on your door or from a hook in your room. I will definitely be displaying one of these on my door to get my fellow dorm residents ready for Halloween!

PINK Halloween decor is definitely the best kind, especially if it has a cute saying (like this sign). 

This pastel directional sign that adds the prettiest pop of color to any room. It’s also small and easy to store in your dorm after Halloween is over. 

Caroline Killilea

Northwestern '27

Caroline is a freshman at Northwestern University majoring in journalism and economics. In her free time, she enjoys swimming, running, and spending time with family and friends.