Colin GLITTERWOLF Brazeau ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Colin Brazeau aka Glitterwolf
Age: 18
Hometown:Suttons Bay, Michigan
Relationship Status:Single with some complications

Likes:Color blue, gummy worms and bears, movies
Dislikes:hate country, heavy metal, stereotypes

We’ve got to know. What is up with the name?
My spirit totem from the Native American Medicine pole is the wolf. Everything about the wolf is like dead on for me. So, that’s where that part comes from. Glitter came from a group of people in the fashion world. I did this shoot when I was sixteen wearing baggy jeans, a muscle shirt and then I was just covered in gold glitter with a gold glitter top hat. I looked pretty *insert a pretty sexy grunt and hand motion here that words cannot quite describe.*

The name was on Facebook and and followed me, got here before I did. At Jones, all the names of freshman kids were written on the sidewalk. I couldn’t find mine and then the president was like, “Wait, are you “Glitterwolf,” because we wrote that instead [of Colin.]” It wasn’t nearly as big at home.

What’s your favorite thing about NU?
I was a music performance major (viola) and just recently, in the last month, I switched to being an economics major. The dean and my advisors made it really smooth and easy and I’ve heard of kids having difficulty in doing that at other schools, so I really appreciated that. Even though none of my credits are going to transfer over, they still reassured me that I’d graduate on time and everything would be fine.

I loved economics and mathematics in high school and both have a lot to do with each other. I’ve done music my whole life. It’s just time to do something else. I was just didn’t see myself doing it for the rest of my life, as a career.

How did you spend your Valentine’s Day?
Nothing – It was so lame. The day before I hung out with my family, my grandma, my mother, and my sister – we went out to dinner and went to the Lincoln Park Zoo which was fun. But as for Valentinesday, I was woken up by my best friend with two cupcakes. Then I got this delivery from a random French guy with a rose. He just showed up with a rose at the door downstairs. I got a text on my phone saying you have a delivery from the Lakeview Forest. It was cute.

So you don’t know who it’s from? Any ideas?
Maybe.Maybe.

You’re a model. People constantly judge you on what’s attractive. What do you think the most attractive thing is in a person?
Being able to hold a conversation. That’s probably the biggest, attractive thing. I’m very involved in an industry where it’s all based on what you were given at birth. Since I don’t see it that much in the industry, I find it more attractive when I do find that quality in someone.

So how do you make time for this modeling business?
I’m signed by Ford. In the summers, I’ll sign with an agency and then I’ll drop them for the school year. When you’re with an agency, you have a lot of higher-level casting calls, but you’ll have like ten in a day. Now, I just get contacted by people who want to work with me from websites and I’ll set something up for a weekend day.

I’m all about balance. I was raised that way. I like to keep music as a hobby, academics are my major, and with modeling, you’ve got to have a little bit of fun. I would never suggest it to someone not comfortable with being in front of the camera or constantly meeting new people. But, that’s the part that I love about it – I’ve gotten to meet really great people.

You look smooth, but what’s the best smooth Pick-Up Line?
So last year.I came in runner-up for Alpha Phi’s King of Hearts. A friend of mine gave me a pick-up line to use for part of the contest. So I walked out in a speedo and right up to this girl and asked her, “How do you like your eggs: Scrambled or fertilized?” She said “fertilized” so I guess it worked. I was so excited about being runner up for that as the only freshman.

Describe the qualities of your ideal significant other.
Independency, have their own goals, has their own way of achieving them. Intelligent, like I said can hold a conversation. Someone who knows how to have a good time but their life isn’t all about going out to clubs and frat parties. I want someone who knows how to go out to dinner or walk on the Lakefill too.

WhyHC Loves Colin
It doesn’t matter if he’s interested in us – we’re still totally allowed to swoon over him from afar… Or upclose! Colin is seriously a down-to-earth, fun, honest, and approachable being. That’s what makes him an extra hot model. He might look 10x better than Zoolander, but he’s also a thousand times smarter. He has a mind for business, a heart for fashion, and a place for being our new bestfriend/unrealisticloveinterest(?) We hope so. That’s why he’s the world’s best Valentine ever. Also, we love glitter, too.

Monica is a sophomore at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She spent her early years growing up in a small town in Minnesota, but spent the last half of her life in Seoul, South Korea where she developed a city girl love for good food finds and fashion. Journalism has been a major part of her life, but she can also be found relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching movies, and spending time with loved ones. Though she has a tough exterior, Monica is actually a romantic who loves the power of words, the importance of strength in any endeavor, and who always wears her heart on her sleeve.