Campus Celeb: Alyssa Clough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Photo Credit: Justin Barbin

Name: Alyssa Clough
Year: Junior, Class of 2014
Major: Journalism, International Studies double major
Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska
Claim to Fame: New Editor-in-Chief of STITCH Magazine

What is STITCH Magazine?
STITCH is Northwestern’s premiere fashion magazine on campus! We first and foremost cover fashion but also cover beauty, culture, and music. STITCH is completely student-run and our staff aims to print two issues per year in addition to more issues released online! You can check out our blog, updated daily, at www.stitchfashion.com. In addition to writing for STITCH students can also showcase their multimedia skills on our photography and video teams.

How long have you been working for STITCH and what do you do for it?
I joined the STITCH staff fall quarter my freshman year. I was actually on the ads team before becoming Managing Editor. As Managing Editor I was basically in charge of the business side of STITCH, so overseeing the advertising, funds and PR as well as printing the magazine and making sure everything was on track. I was recently named STITCH’s new Editor-in-Chief. Which is literally one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me. Unfortunately, and I guess fortunately, I am going on my JR next quarter and will be working at Glamour Magazine so I won’t be taking over as Editor-in-Chief until fall quarter.

What inspired you to work for STITCH?
I wanted to join the STITCH team because I really want to work for a women’s magazine after graduation so joining STITCH was a no brainer for me. It was the first thing I was ever involved with on campus and will actually probably be my last as well! I just love the aesthetic of the magazine. When I saw STITCH’s booth at the Medill activities fair like Welcome Week I knew immediately I wanted to be involved with that publication. And now here I am! Future Editor-in-Chief.

What else are you involved with on campus?
I was abroad fall quarter in Paris and am leaving again this spring so I’m not involved in much this quarter, but in addition to STITCH I am the Chief Education Officer for Kappa Alpha Theta and was on the PR Committee for Dance Marathon writing for The Emcee, the official DM magazine. Last year I was in charge of the first ever Northwestern University Fashion Week, was heavily involved in the Unity Charity Fashion Show, and wrote weekly features for The Current, the entertainment magazine that comes out with The Daily once a week.

Michell Kim

Northwestern

Hi, I'm Michell and I'm a sophomore at Northwestern University!