As the newest addition to the list of Evanston restaurants, Blaze pizza came in with a bang. On opening day, the Evanston location on Sherman Avenue gave out free pizzas to all of those who were willing to wait in line — and you can bet HC was there to try it out!
Here are the 5 things we saw on our first trip to Blaze:
- Boy do they know how to market to college students. Free pizza on opening day??? AWESOME! And not just that — for Pi Day they sold pizzas for $3.14.
- Their hours are awesome. One of the most annoying things about Evanston stores is they all close SUPER early. Like 7 o’clock early. Blaze, on the other hand, is open until 10pm — perfect for late night munchies if you’re not in the mood for BK.
- It’s like Chipotle for pizza.You choose whatever toppings you want and it’s all the same price. They even have vegan cheese and gluten-free crust. Yes please.
- Ingredients are fresh to death. The ingredients are all out right in front of you and you see the workers putting it on the dough and firing it in the oven. You can’t fake that freshness.
- It’s fast. Blaze promises their pizzas only take 2 minutes to fire up. Even with a line that was well out the door and around the corner, the time it took to get through the line and have the pizzas in our hands was less than the time it would take for another restaurant to just make the pizza. Impressive.
Overall, we give Blaze a big two thumbs up. As put so perfectly by fellow Northwestern student Abbey Kutlas, Blaze is “100% everything.”
All photos from blazepizza.com