CFirma
CFirma
Drunk Elephant
Style > Beauty

Are Drunk Elephant Products Worth It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but does that same saying apply to beauty products? Are the most aesthetically pleasing products the most effective? Obviously, I want to curate the cutest countertop collection, but I always wonder if the aesthetic is worth the cost. Two months ago, I was especially curious about the Drunk Elephant product line. The brightly colored bottles, fun product names and intriguing ingredients caught my eye; however, so did the price tag. The vast majority of drunk elephant products range from $40 to $100. Drunk Elephant products are definitely an investment, so I tried out a few sample sizes of various products, including the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel, C-Firma Day Serum, Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser and Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser. And I have to say, I am obsessed! The product line is incredible! The natural ingredients and interactive nature amongst the products makes it to where blemishes on my face cleared up in a matter of days. 

Drunk Elephant products use formulas that are free from harmful ingredients, like drying alcohols, silicones, fragrances and dyes. The product line is made to be used in the form of “smoothies” that are biocompatible with your skin. You can create smoothies by combining any of the products based on how your skin changes throughout the course of a day, week or month. Drunk Elephant products also work towards matching your skin’s pH levels to avoid inflammation and breakouts. You can essentially create a morning and nightly routine tailored to you and your skin’s needs!

I created a smoothie using the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel and the C-Firma Day Serum. The B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel uses pro-vitamin B5 and pineapple ceramide to even out skin tone and texture and provide wonderful hydration. The C-Firma Day serum uses pumpkin ferment extract to stop the signs of photoaging. These two products worked great in the morning to reduce dark spots and brighten my face for the rest of the day. At night, I used the Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser to remove excess dirt and makeup from my pores. The formula is antioxidant rich and can be used as a balm on dry skin or a cleanser on dampened skin. Also, it is an eco-friendly alternative to other makeup remover options. I finished my nightly routine with the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. This cleanser uses a formula of cantaloupe and glycerin to remove a days worth of residue and leave the face feeling refreshed. 

Drunk Elephant products display quick results with their natural and tailored formulas. The products I tried out over the course of the last two months were able to clear my skin up and create a dewy and even tone. Although they are on the more expensive side, I would have to say they are totally worth the cost. The product line is by far the most effective I have used and is great in creating your own skincare routine that matches your needs. Drunk Elephant creates aesthetically pleasing products that aren’t just superficial, but they are also focused on quality and their consumers needs. For once, I am so glad I judged a book by it’s cover because I now have found a range of skincare products that are perfect for my skin. I can’t wait to check out more of what Drunk Elephant has to offer!

Sam is a communications studies and sociology double major at Northwestern University. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outdoors playing tennis, baking anything with dark chocolate in it, or just spending time with friends and family. She is obsessed with reading anything by Kurt Vonnegut, watching period pieces, and constantly scrolling Twitter.