7 Types of People you Encounter at the Airport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Holiday traveling is on my list of top 5 most stressful things. There is always crazy traffic, ridiculously long security lines and hoards of people frantically running to catch their flights. However, no matter which airport you’re traveling from, you’re going to see the same types of people caught up in the holiday traveling frenzy.

1. Parents who are on the verge of pulling out their hair trying to keep track of their Duggar-sized family.

2. Sorority girls wearing spirit jerseys under a vest and most likely standing in line at the Starbucks closest to their gate

3. A family wearing matching clothes for easy identification in the sea of people.

4. College athletes who are decked out in their gear: “Hi I’ve never met you but I can tell you play football for Notre Dame, which is sponsored by Under Armour.”

5. People who think the O’Hare is New York Fashion Week and wear unreasonable shoes that take a solid 5 minutes putting back on after the security check.

6. Sleep deprived college students who are frantically finishing up essays at their gate.

7. People struggling to carry bags of specialty foods that they won’t be able to get at home (such as Chicago’s famous Garrett Popcorn or Portland’s Voodoo donuts)