This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Scrolling through Netflix in search of my next procrastination-fueled weekend obsession, it seems like every binge-worthy Netflix show is at least six seasons. That’s a serious commitment that I’m just not always ready for. I’m not about to sit down for 14 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy or eight seasons of Shameless (not again at least). Some of the best shows on Netflix are easily watchable in less than 24 hours and enjoyable nonetheless. Though there are many, here are just a few for your next treat-yo-self day:

Queer Eye

If you haven’t watched Queer Eye, you’re missing out on pure happiness. You can’t watch all three seasons in one day, but since each episode is centered around a different hero, there’s no need to start from the beginning or go in order. As they travel around Atlanta and Kansas City, the most wholesome people who probably exist on the planet, Karamo, Jonathan, Bobby, Antoni and Tan, transform the lives of deserving people. The magic of the show lies not just in Antoni’s avocado cooking lessons and Bobby’s full home makeovers but also in the compassion and self-discovery that shines through each episode and results in inevitable happy tears.

Big Mouth

I won’t lie to you, Big Mouth can be slightly disturbing and is definitely NSFW. However, if you want to watch a hilarious, star-studded, harshly relatable cartoon saga of middle schoolers awkwardly making their ways through puberty, make a day of Big Mouth. You’ll watch a group of problematic students’ “hormone monsters” haunting them at Bar Mitzvahs, science fairs and school sleepovers, and it’ll only take up nine hours of your day. But seriously, the comedy is fresh and witty. If you like South Park, comedians John Mulaney and Nick Kroll, or drowning in memories of your tragic middle school experience, take me up on this suggestion.

The Good Place

Kristen Bell and Ted Danson’s philosophical commentary comedy-turned-drama is hands-down one of the best shows on television right now. When Kristen Bell arrives in the Heaven-esque “Good Place” after dying, she quickly realizes she was mistaken for another person and actually belongs in the Bad Place. What takes place for the next three seasons is wholly unpredictable and thought-provoking. The Good Place is characterized by its puns and silly situations, but it’s also chock full of romance, cliffhangers, and quirky dark scenarios. With the first two seasons on Netflix now, you have time to catch up before season three is streaming.

Stranger Things

You’ve heard the rave reviews, you’ve seen girls dressed in Eleven costumes and know waffles have something to do with it. Now it’s time to sit down and fall in love with the entire ensemble of this thriller-comedy-sci-fi masterpiece. Get caught up in time for season three, which is coming out July 4. It’ll take you 14 hours to watch both seasons, so this one might be a bit of a marathon, but it is well worth it.

Atypical

This Netflix Original follows Sam, a high school student on the autism spectrum, as he navigates love, school and some intense family drama. The show presents a refreshing perspective on what “typical” really is, zooming in from Sam’s point as all members of the family have their own stress and dilemmas. The story is as gripping as the characters are lovable, and the second season adds even more depth and emotion.

Dear White People

Samantha White is the ultimate protagonist as she leads a movement on campus against the discriminatory words and actions of white students on her college campus. Each episode focuses on a different student, demonstrating the various perspectives and experiences of students on the campus, while building the characters’ relationships and rivalries. Dear White People is a story of love, friendship, race and prejudice as it comments on real-world issues of racism and violence in a personable, relatable light, especially for a college audience.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

Ryan Murphy is a visual storytelling connoisseur as he directs this nine-part dramatized crime docuseries about Andrew Cunanan, the man who murdered Gianni Versace and four other men. Glee’s Darren Criss plays the serial killer brutally and honestly as he pathologically lies his way from Minnesota to Miami. This show is a short must-watch, captivating horror story, though it is graphic at times.

Rachel Schonberger is a junior from Fort Lauderdale, Florida studying journalism at Northwestern. She is also pursuing minors in theatre and psychology and a certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications. In her free time, she loves rewatching episodes of Gilmore Girls while snacking on Ben & Jerry's cookie dough bites.