This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Carving pumpkins is great. But pumpkin goop, not so great! Instead of getting your hands and clothes all orange, slimy, and smelly, try these pumpkin decorating ideas- no knife required. Not only will your hands be guts free, but your friends will think your are a DIY genius. 

1.     Candy Decorated Pumpkin

Buy your favorite Halloween candy and a very strong glue. Try using candy corn, jellybeans, and even peppermint to create a sweet squash face. 

2.     Potato Head Pumpkin

That box of childhood toys can finally be put to good use. Just stick your old Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head pieces into your pumpkin to create a Mr. and Mrs. Pumpkin Head. 

3.     Scary Mummy Pumpkin

Pick up some googly eye (who doesn’t love googly eyes?!) and first-aid gauze. Then simply wrap your pumpkin in the gauze tape, and you have a classic Halloween monster. 

4.     Sparkly Pumpkin 

Girls just want to have fun,  and make some glittery pumpkins. All you need to do is spray your pumpkin with adhesive and apply a multitude of sparkles! 

5.    Childhood Chalkboard Pumpkin

There is nothing more nostalgic then a grammar school chalkboard. Recreate that nostalgia with your round orange friend. Spray the pumpkin with black chalkboard paint, and then write a scary message using normal white chalk! 

6. Creepy Crawly Web Pumpkin

Use any string lying around and pin it to your squah in a web-like fashion. Then find a spooky spider at your local drugstore, and give him a home on your web-tastic creation! 

7. Pie Pumpkin

Sorry, but the best no-carve pumpkin comes in the form of a pie. All you need is your stomach, a fork, and some whipped cream.