2012 Homecoming Co-Chair, Amy Li!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name:  Amy Li
Year: 2015
Hometown: Houston, TX
Major:  Broadcast Journalism and Political Science

What inspired you to lead this year’s Homecoming Committee?
Coming from a school that never really had too much Homecoming spirit, I always wanted to be part of that experience one day. I think it’s amazing when everyone in the school can come together and have a sense of pride about their school. I wanted to be part of the group that can make this vision happen.
What will make this year’s Homecoming unique?
Last year, the focus was to make Homecoming a bigger event. This year we will focus on involving the students on campus to participate more and have a higher turnout.
What Homecoming traditions are you most eager to keep? What changes are you most passionate to implement?
I want to have a very grand and unifying event for Homecoming that can bring everyone together. Personally, I want to throw a good old traditional Homecoming Dance!
What has your team been working on so far in planning this year’s Homecoming?
So far we are recruiting for the Committee Chairs. Interviews will be conducted in the next few weeks, so pretty soon we will present you the official Homecoming Board Executives.
What’s your favorite part about working as the Homecoming Committee Chair?
I love spending time with some amazing people who are working with me. I also just love being able to reach out to the community and constantly meet more people. It’s a pretty thrilling experience.
What do you hope to achieve through this year’s Homecoming?
PURPLE PRIDE! GO WILDCATS roar!

Kylie Gilbert

Northwestern

Kylie Gilbert is a senior Journalism major and French minor at Northwestern University. She joined HC as a freshman as a contributing writer and has been campus correspondent since her sophomore year. When she isn't writing, online shopping, or reading fashion magazines, she loves watching The Mindy Project, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother and everything on Bravo.