20 Things Girls Actually Want for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

In the words of Forrest Gump, life’s like a box of choclates- you never know what you’re gonna get.

**Except on Valentine’s Day. Every year something about the holiday of pink and red hearts means we expect a box of chocolates, roses and a classy dinner dates. Don’t let the Valentine’s displays persuade you into thinking there aren’t other things out there you might be craving. Here’s a roundup of alternatives that made the Valentine’s Day wish list.

Unlimited Chipotle for a week.

Psychic abilities.

To slay the Instagram game like Taylor Swift.

For a personal Starbucks delivery to your doorstep every morning. So you can wake up like this…

No class on Mondays. Ever again.

A dinner with Ryan Gosling.

For Left Shark to come to your birthday party.

A shopping spree with money that’s not yours.

To see 50 Shades of Grey in a private theater.

For Chick-fil-A to be open on Sundays.

A box full of donuts.

Effortless waves. 

For all the 90s shows to come back on air.

Hakuna Matata…meaning no worries.

An endless marathon of Nicholas Sparks movies sans judgement. 

Instant access to the Eiffel Tower.

A really boss internship.

Hiking beautiful trails with friends.

And okay, maybe we won’t pass on all of that chocolate…

Haley Smith

Northwestern

Haley is currently a Journalism major at Northwestern University, Sociology minor. She is also pursuing a certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications. She has written for several campus publications and is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She has a few unhealthy habits that include obsessing over British boys with good hair, wanting to watch way too many eighties movies and lurking on various forms of social media.