Will Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.
Name: Will Walker     
Age: 21
Year at NU: Middler
Major: Criminal Justice
Hometown: Dorchester, MA

Hobbies: Writing, Running, Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, Having Nerf Wars, Eating Ice Cream

My favorite thing about Northeastern: My favorite thing about Northeastern is the co-op program because you get amazing work experience and networking. This past week I was at a training conference on the Cape where I was able to meet police officers from all around the world and get more experience in the field of crime analysis.

Where I can be found on a Saturday night: Hanging out with some of my best friends at Northeastern from freshman year; we’ve been friends ever since.

Where I would take a girl on a first date: The Museum of Science; chicks dig butterflies.

What I look for in a girl: She has to be funny, smile a lot and willing to try new things.  If I can laugh and have a good time with someone, then I know she’s a keeper.

My role model: Real Madrid soccer player, Cristiano Ronaldo, because he has an incredible work ethic and never stops trying to improve his game. Despite the negative things people say about his character, he doesn’t let it bother him, he continues to master his craft.

Where I’ll be in five years: I see myself as a sworn police officer.  Probably in Brookline, but who knows. I’ll have an amazing dog and a pretty sweet apartment. Maybe with a girlfriend?

My favorite spot in Boston: Malibu Beach, Dorchester.  I would elaborate, but it’s my secret spot, and only the real residents of Dorchester know where it is. It’s our hidden gem.

My favorite spot in the world: Lagos, Portugal. The beaches are beautiful, the water is super clear, and the caves are wicked cool. When I visited this summer, some friends and I drank a bottle of wine on the beach and we each wrote a special message, put the note in the bottle, and threw it in the ocean.

My celebrity look-a-like: Pharrell Williams. People tell me that all the time.

An interesting/fun fact: I was ranked number one in my division in Taekwon-do in Massachusetts and number three in the United States.

My favorite part of Fall: Apple cider and plain donuts. It reminds me of those awesome years in elementary school.

Five things that a Northeastern student should have on their Boston bucket list:

1. Visit George’s Island
  2. Attend the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
  3. Visit Faneuil Hall
  4. Go to a Red Sox game at Fenway
  5. Attend a Boston sports championship parade