This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

We all know about Valentine’s Day. It’s a day for all kinds of lovers to come together and rejoice in their shared companionship. Certainly a day for happiness and joy.

Right?

Wrong.

Valentine’s Day is a day where every single person is slapped in the face with a very harsh realization: I am alone. So what better day than Valentine’s Day to gather up all your other single friends and throw back those well-deserved shots of tequila?

Some may ask themselves, “But I have no reason to drink, and drinking alone is depressing.”

Well then, here are some ideas for some fun drinking games to play with your friends.

Take a shot every time…

1. You catch people looking lovingly into each other’s eyes.

While they’re looking at each other, you can look at your true love: vodka.

2. Someone walks around with a love-themed stuffed animal.

Don’t forget–you’re an independent woman who can buy her own damn stuffed animals.

3. You see a couple walking together, holding hands.

Knock ‘em back!

4. You see an ad about Valentine deals and specials.

This just further proves my point that Valentine’s Day is just a giant marketing scheme.

5. You see someone receiving flowers.

They’re gonna die anyway. Like their love.

6. You buy that heart-shaped candy for yourself.

Nothing wrong with treating yourself.

7. You have to hear about how excited your friends are about “Valentine’s Day with Bae.”

As much as you love your friends, there’s only so much you can hear about Brad, or Chris, or whoever the current beau is this year.

8. You see another couple’s selfie on Facebook, Insta, and every other social media platform.

We get it. You’re in love.

9. PDA

GET A ROOM.

10. Everything you see is either pink or red.

It’s 2016, can’t we get more creative with the color schemes already?

Have fun this Valentine’s Day, and don’t forget to thank your favorite lover this week.

Catalina is currently a freshman at Northeastern University studying Media Studies and Communications. She's half Colombian and half Honduran but was born in Miami. However, he has lived most of her life between Atlanta and Monterrey, Mexico. She likes to read, draw, sing, and spend countless hours with bae (Netflix). 
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!