Today’s Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

I woke up this morning and it was 48 degrees outside. I probably have the lowest tolerance for cold known to (wo)man, so needless to say, I was less than pleased by the morning temperature. Compounded with the fact that my building manager has (considerately) decided to not turn on the heat yet and that the forecast is predicting snow flurries for tomorrow, I was ready to throw on my parka and cry into my morning coffee.

Instead, I bundled up in a warm sweater, threw on a fall-appropriate jacket, and plugged in my warm weather playlist. Yes, I have a playlist for occasions such as these. It helps me mentally prepare for the drastic transition in temperature I’m about to experience.  Whether the lyrics literally include the word “sun” or just reminds me of a fun summer memory, here’s what I’m listening to in order to ward off seasonal depression:

Lauryn is a senior at Northeastern University majoring in journalism. She has written for Boston.com as well as the HC branch at Northeastern. Lauryn is also a teaching assistant for International Affairs students at Northeastern. In May and June of 2011, she embarked on a reporting trip to the Middle East, where she mastered the art of "man on the street" reporting and gained a new appreciation for falafel. In her spare time, Lauryn enjoys writing, walking around Boston aimlessly, traveling and a unhealthy obsession with her Kindle. She loves eating, French bulldogs and Anderson Cooper. After graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in foreign correspondence or magazine journalism. You can follow her on Twitter @laurynpaiva.