sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer Storage For Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

As the semester comes to a close, students are frantically posting on social media about subletting rooms for the summer terms, items being sold or rented, and my biggest issue – summer storage. If you don’t have family or friends in town who can take care of your stuff for the summer, public storage units are your only option. There are an endless amount of services out there who all offer different things, and it can all get very confusing. But don’t fret! HerCampus is here to offer 3 solutions to your problems.

1. Storage Squad

Courtesy of Storage Squad

Storage Squad is probably your best and cheapest bet. They offer services to drop off boxes and packing supplies to your dorm (check if your school is in partnership with them), pick up your packed boxes from your dorm’s lobby or even your room (for an extra $20), and they deliver your boxes to your room after the summer. With just a simple online form, you can sign up for when each of these things happen. Their pricing is very straightforward and extremely low!

2. UPS Student Storage

Courtesy of Pack Store Ship

The UPS store also provides student storage services. They are partnered with multiple universities in Boston and provide free packing materials to be picked up at their stores. They pick up your boxes from your dorm and deliver them in the fall.

3. College Boxes

Courtesy of College Boxes

College Boxes provides a pretty similar service, but the package you pay for includes the packing materials. For $40, you get five double-walled boxes (24″x16″x18″), a roll of tape, a marker, five zip ties, and ten label pouches. They deliver the materials to your dorm, pick up your boxes, and deliver them in the fall.  

These are only a few options, and there are plenty of other services out there. They’re all pretty similar, but each has their own unique specialties. Make sure to look into the nitty gritty details and make sure they provide student services. We wish you the best of luck with your summer storage plans!