This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Whether it’s for four months or the foreseeable future, saying so long to such an amazing city is never easy. Boston has so much to offer our generation in terms of opportunities, entertainment and convenience. Everything you could ever need is right around the corner or a “quick” T ride away. For the seniors who are becoming real people outside of Beantown, or even the freshman leaving for the first time, here are some things to reminisce about.

1.The green spaces–that is when the melt finally happens and spring decides to come to Boston.2. More opportunities than you could dream of. Boston has something new and exciting on every corner and in every nook; all you have to do is be willing to take a look.3. The college town of all college towns. Never will you get bored or run into the same people every day. The freshness of new faces is unbelieveable and the camaraderie of sharing such a great city is always a foundation for friendship.4. The hit or miss that is the MBTA. No matter how often it fails you by making you wait for 15 minutes at one of the above ground stops in January, the T will always be a saving grace. We can get to anywhere in the city for so little; it’s as if Boston knew it would be full of explorers gearing to see what it has to offer.5. That dirty water. It may have recently been deemed clean, making a favorite song a bit confusing, but belting out those famous lines will never get old.6. Being surrounded by such a dedicated fan base for the Sox, Pats, Bs and Celtics. We may not always be the most successful or the most decorated, but we have heart. Papi made sure we all knew that during the aftermath of the marathon and it is a mantra continuously running through our minds; “ this is our f’n city.”7. A room with a view. What we have the opportunity to see from a small apartment on Hemenway, the Charles River or the Top of the Hub is unprecedented. I honestly don’t think Boston has a ‘bad side’ but is breathtaking from every angle.

8. We have more history than a history book. For those who grew up in or outside the city, Boston’s history is something they are no stranger to. I may have walked the freedom trail more times than I can count, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t bring someone along for their first time. Everyone should know who we are as a city and everything we went through to get where we are now.9. The Masshole mentality. Sometimes we suck as city people; we honk, yell and jaywalk but this, in a weird way, works to bring us together. We know what a masshole is and bring it upon ourselves. It’s all part of the fun of being from MA and everyone else can just get used to it.10. Not just being strong, but Boston Strong. Nuff said.

Best of luck to all of those who are graduating this spring and entering the next chapter of their lives. Should you be leaving Boston, may you always remember the positive memories you experienced here and come back with a fondness for your city. For those of you returning in the fall, Boston will be here when you’re ready and better than ever.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!