Northeastern Fashionist-o: Look of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

SPOTTED!

It appears that many guys around campus are giving us collegiettes a run for our money in the fashion department.
   What I don’t like about Fall months is checking the weather every morning to see if it will be rainy or sunny. Santiago Narino, a freshman International Affairs major, managed to keep it cool in this tempermental Boston weather in a tan rain jacket and moccasins (Find ones similar to these online from Minnetonka for about $50!)
   What I love about this style is that even though it’s pretty well matched, he still manages to make it look effortless and comfortable. And to complete this look: a neutral beanie to keep him warm. Head over to H&M for pretty and affordable beanies! ($9.95 and up!).

Style Q&A:

Her Campus:Where do you get your inspiration from?
Santiago Narino: My style really is inspired from what I have seen in the streets of New York and Boston and recently have gotten into looking at GQ magazines. In reality I have really just been inspired by my daily happenings, nothing in particular, just how I feel that day.
HC: How would you define your personal style?
SN: I would define my personal style very as relaxed. I do not particularly have a set style nor set criteria of what to wear, I just go with the flow.
HC: What’s your Fall must have?
SN: I don’t really have a fall must have, I guess I would say a beanie if I had to pick something.
HC: Name some of your favorite stores in Boston
SN: My favorite stores in Boston are Forever 21 Men, ASOS and H&M Men’s.
HC: One item you’ll never part with
SN: An Item I would never part with would be my grey beanie.
HC: Give us some personal styling tricks
SN: I really have no personal styling tricks, I just really go with the flow. Matching is essential though, you have to learn to match in order to look good.

Remember, the campus is your catwalk!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!