This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Having grown up in Asia my whole life, where Christmas is not nearly as big of a deal compared to Western countries, I knew I was in for an entire season of non-step festivities in this thriving city. It was always my dream to visit the Berlin Christmas Market, one of the original Christmas markets, at least once in my life. Luckily, the other big cosmopolitan cities have quickly caught on to the Christmas Winter market trend, and to my delight, Boston came up with its own version! I can barely contain my excitement!

The Boston Winter Market at the City Hall Plaza only debuted last year, in 2016, and attracted over 300,000 people; this year, it’s back with more festivities. There is no better way to spend a work-free evening, with ice skating, silent disco, a Santa house, and over 80 local and international vendors selling food, decorations, and so much more. Once I found out that a Christmas Market was coming to Boston, I immediately made plans to patronize it.

Boston Winter visitors skating on City Hall Plaza, courtesy of City Hall Plaza Boston

It’s a great way to get out of the house during winter with a myriad of activities and Christmas cheer. It is conveniently located right outside the Government Center T stop, so it’s extremely accessible. The venue was calm yet full of life, with visitors strolling and checking out what it had to offer. There’s even an open mic where you can just get up (alone, or with a group of friends) and belt out some Christmas songs. In my case, a group of girls went up and sang their hearts out to “Baby, It’s Cold Outside,” which was, safe to say, my greatest entertainment of the night. Not only are there activities for both young and old, if you don’t want to spend any money like a true broke college student, it’s still a super Instagram worthy place to just stroll around with your friends and marvel at the Christmas delight! I’m a huge sucker for fairy lights during the Christmas time, and the Boston Winter was DECKED OUT in Christmas lights!

Vendors at the Boston Winter, courtesy of Boston Winter

My Asian self was so happy that I completely disregarded my frozen face, hands, and feet as I gladly stuffed my face with all the Belgian waffles the market had to offer. Trust me, you’ll be more than glad that you dragged yourself out of the warmth for an experience of a lifetime. Be sure to check it out before it ends on Dec. 31!