Michael Toney and Matthew Osofisan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

If you haven’t heard of this week’s campus celebrities December 2010 graduate Michael Toney and senior Matthew Osofisan, it was only a matter of time before you did. In addition to being full-time Northeastern undergraduates, these two entrepreneurs managed to successfully design and launch the high quality, metropolitan clothing brand Annie Mulz.

Inspired by the concept of Natural Law and based on the idea of the “animal in man,” Toney and Osofisan wanted to create a brand that provides fresh, individual style for all people. As stated on their website, the brand is meant to represent the idea that “it doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, or how much money you have, everyone is connected through nature.”

With a variety of hoodies and tee shirts featuring unique designs depicting tough, animal characters, Annie Mulz quickly attracted attention from the press. Even though it’s a young venture, Annie Mulz has already received coverage in STUFF Boston, Style Boston, Boston Metro, Thrillist, Boldfacers, and many others. This past July – September 2010 the brand also had its own pop-up shop, The Concrete Jungle Boston, on the fashionably elite Newbury Street.

Most recently, the brand was awarded their second round of Gap Funding from the Northeastern University program IDEA. When asked about how the two gentlemen planned on utilizing the funding, Matthew stated that they would be using it as the next step towards full development of the Annie Mulz brand. “We are focusing on greater visibility through targeted viral marketing, taking our product to the next level by creating a sample line of tailored goods featuring detailed and function oriented button-downs, and attending major trade shows to increase our network.”

Osofisan summed it up by adding that ultimately, both he and Toney hope Annie Mulz will become a staple on the Boston fashion scene, and a recognizable name in the industry as a whole.

With their talent and drive, HerCampusNU can’t imagine anything less.

If you’re interested in learning more about Annie Mulz, you can follow them on Twitter, fan them on Facebook, or contact them at info@anniemulz.com.

Pictured: The Annie Mulz gentlemen, Matthew Osofisan (in red) and Michael Toney (in blue)

Rachel Kossman

Northeastern

Rachel Kossman is a Northeastern University graduate, and former Her Campus Campus Correspondent. She spent her junior and senior years writing for Her Campus National, and is thrilled to be back contributing to the Post Graduate section.Rachel is currently working as Associate Editor for DAYSPA magazine, an industry publication for spa owners, where she gets to write about spa products, business tips, spa industry news, focus on green lifestyle content, and even review a spa or two every once in a while! She is currently living back in Los Angeles, where she was born and raised, and though she misses Boston and all her friends out east, is very happy to be away from the cold and snow!