Meet the Staff: Lauryn Paiva

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.
For our second installment of our “Meet the Staff” series, we introduce Lauryn Paiva, a staff writer for the Northeastern branch and also an editorial intern and branch manager for Her Campus national in Cambridge. Lauryn, a 23-year-old senior, comes from New Bedford, Massachusetts. You’ll often find Lauryn writing about relationships, culture, global issues/trends and politics. She has a sarcastic and snarky voice in her pieces, which she’s honed while studying journalism at NU. Lauryn talked to Her Campus NU about her favorite Boston spots, Maureen Dowd, and her addiction to Sister Wives.

Why I love Her Campus 
I like the voice you can take on in your writing. It’s more personal and less newsy. Also, you have more freedom in what you choose to write about.

Where I can be found on a Sunday afternoon
At the Pour House on Boylston street enjoying a Blue Moon and dollar dippers. Or in Snell [Library], wishing I was at Pour House.

My role model
Maureen Dowd. Everything she writes always leaves me wishing I could create something that would be as perfectly witty.

My favorite spot in Boston
Intermission Tavern in the Theatre District. I’m almost afraid to even mention it because I don’t want people to find out about it. It’s super low key and they make the best martinis and buffalo chicken fingers I’ve ever tasted. Also, the bartenders are hilarious.

My celebrity crush
Adam Brody or someone equally nerdy. Also, Matt Czuchry from Gilmore Girls. Although, everyone says my boyfriend is his celebrity look-alike so I got lucky there!

What I’ll be wearing now that it’s getting colder
A pair of hardcore snow boots I ordered from Ugg. I know, I know. Ugg is cliché. Whatever, they keep my feet warm and dry.

I’m currently obsessed with…
My new Michael Kors watch. Wait, does that make me sound like a snob? I’ve been lusting after it for an entire year and finally got it for my birthday last month. I’ve never owned a really nice watch so I admire it on my wrist every ten seconds and rest in on the pillow next to me while I sleep…

My guilty pleasure
Sister Wives on TLC. God help my productivity level if there is ever a marathon.

Five things a Northeastern student should have on their bucket list
1. Get reported to OSCCR (Kidding! But you probably will be.)
2. Go to the St. Patty’s Day Parade in Southie
3. GO ON A DIALOGUE OF CIVILIZATIONS!
4. Get a legitimate Fenway Frank from one of the street vendors outside of Fenway Park
5. Walk the Freedom Trail, even if you’re not a history buff. Downtown Boston is one of the most dynamic parts of the city so don’t miss exploring it