Kappa Delta Presents: Shamrock and Roll

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Can’t wait for St. Patrick’s Day?

Neither can we.

Running through Boston’s streets decked out in green, jingling with countless strands of beads while yelling “Kiss Me I’m Irish!” (even though we’re only 20 percent) is one of our favorite annual activities.

You can get ready for the big day a few weeks early this year at Shamrock and Roll, Kappa Delta’s annual talent competition.

Getting people together to give back to the community, Shamrock and Roll is a talent competition for Northeastern students, raising money for the fight against child abuse.

In the Curry Student Center Ballroom on Tuesday, Feb. 28, you’ll get to see a variety of performers execute their individual talents, as well as have the chance to win prizes like Chicken Lou’s gift cards and Red Sox tickets in the silent auction.

Just $7 gets you in the door, and proceeds go to Prevent Child Abuse America and the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.

Last year’s event raised over $2,500 and KD hopes to double that goal this year.

Shamrock is a really upbeat and exciting environment where all of our sisters comes together with members of the Northeastern community to raise money for an amazing cause,” says Jenna McGarry, Kappa Delta’s VP of Member Education.

Shamrock and Roll kicks off at 7p.m. and lasts until 10p.m. Tickets will be sold at the door as well as on the ground floor of Curry on the days leading up to the event.

Got a talent you want to show off? Email nukdcommunityservice@gmail.com and let them know!

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.