How to Spend Your Summer 1 in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. If riding bikes is your thing, Massachusetts is celebrating Bike Week where there are events all across the state for anyone and everyone. (May 14-22)  

Courtesy of Patch

2. A festival of music, technology, and film screenings, Together Boston is a week-long event with many activities all around the Boston/Cambridge area. (May 15-22)

Courtesy of Together Boston

3. If fitness and adventure is your thing, participating in the 24-hour adventure race Questival with your friends might just be the thing for you. (May 27-28) 

Courtesy of All Events

4. The biggest concert festival of the year, in Boston at least, Boston Calling is definitely something to check out. (May 27-29)

Courtesy of Flickr

5. A little outside the city, the Salem Arts Festival involves everything artistic from music to photography to the culinary arts. (June 3-5) 

Courtesy of Salem Art

6. Closer to home, there is the Coolidge Corner Arts Festival, and they are partnering with the Boston Food Truck Alliance this year. (June 4) 

Courtesy of The Boston Calendar

7. If you want to experience some traditional Irish music and culture, head over to Irish Fest at the International Christian Church (ICC). (June 4-5)

Courtesy of YouTube

8. As a part of Boston Pride Week, going to the Pride Parade is a great way to have some fun in the city while showing support for a cause. (June 11)

Courtesy of Flickr

9. Though the Boston Marathon is over, the 5k Color Run in Boston is another, and shorter, way to get some exercise via running.  (June 11) 

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

10. Another cultural event, the Dragon Boat Festival includes both races and performances. (June 12 [time trials June 11]) 

Courtesy of Flickr

11. Along with dance performances and live music, the Harvard Summer Solstice Celebration gives free admission to the four HMSC museums. (June 20) 

Courtesy of Flickr

12. Yet another cultural event, the Boston JerkFest involves great food and great music. (June 24-25) 

Courtesy of Rush 49

Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!