A Halloweekend Appreciation Post: What To Expect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

To channel Chanel Oberlin, “Halloween is my jam.” It’s the my favorite holiday (sorry, Thanksgiving and Christmas) and it’s arguably the most fun time of fall semester because, let’s face it, Northeastern doesn’t really have a Homecoming Weekend. Instead, we have Halloweekend. If you are a freshman, or just want to get yourself excited for the festivities to come, here is what to expect:

1. Getting ready with all of your friends and rummaging through each other’s closets for the perfect accessory to complete your costume

TBH, this is more fun than the party.

2. Your costume’s make up DOES not look like that Pinterest page or Youtube video. But it’s okay because it’s dark out anyway.

No one will notice at all.

3. Parties Thursday – Saturday (which is also pretty unknown for Northeastern)

4. Watching old Disney Halloween classics with your roommates

and

5. Realizing that most of these movies were made about 10 years before the target audience for Disney were even born

6. Or watching something scary and immediately regretting it

7. Eating lots of candy from your friend’s care package from their Grandma (or your own)

8. Exploring all that Boston and Massachusetts has to offer:

9. Like Salem

10. Or the North End Ghost Tours (highly recommended!)

11. Or Beacon Hill Trick or Treating (You are not too old yet! Even your parents indulged on Halloween)

12. Or the Boston Burial Grounds

Enjoy the weekend guys! It’s going to be awesome!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: