Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Catering to Your Own Love Language on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Dont’ have a valentine this year? Don’t worry! Here are some simple self-care activities to show some love to yourself on this holiday in your own love language:

Quality Time

If your love language is quality time, make sure to carve out a portion of the day to spend time with yourself. No other distractions — just enjoy your own company! Start your morning with yoga, meditation, and journaling to clear your mind and really connect with yourself. Other activities that might feel good are coloring, reading a book, taking a nice long walk or having a movie marathon. Whatever it is you decide to do, make sure it is an activity you enjoy doing alone.

Words of Affirmation

If your love language is words of affirmation, make sure to hype yourself up! Start your day with positive affirmations and a gratitude list so that you’ll feel extra thankful and confident. Next, try writing a love letter to your future self. Read it in a few months (or maybe even a year) to reflect upon this time in your life. Most importantly, try and speak to yourself as positively as you can and manifest more self-love.

Acts of Service

If your love language is acts of service, do small tasks for yourself. Start the day by making your bed and cooking a nice breakfast to enjoy in bed. Next, clean your space or get your hair and nails done. A nice way to end the night might involve running yourself a hot bath with candles and any other decorations to set the mood. Whatever you do, do it for YOU!

Receiving Gifts

If your love language is receiving gifts, make Valentine’s Day all about treating yourself!

Buy that gift you’ve been eyeing for two weeks — you deserve it! You can even buy some Valentine’s Day-themed candy, a teddy bear and flowers!  You don’t need to spend money on yourself, but if you want to, go ahead. If you don’t want to, make something special for yourself as a reward for all your hard work these past months.

Physical Touch

If your love language is physical touch, get in touch with yourself! Pamper yourself with a morning and night skincare routine. Make sure to moisturize and massage the rest of your body! End the night by cuddling up with a warm blanket in bed while watching your favorite movie! 

Whether or not you’re spending this Valentine’s Day alone, make sure to show some love to yourself with these simple activities. 

Amyah Lockhart

Northeastern '24

I am a first-year student exploring Business, Communications, and Design. I enjoy listening to music, watching Netflix, and trying new things!