This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Red line, green line, blue line, orange line. Sounds like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, right? Actually this is the system that every Bostonian must face, the T. A vital part of the MBTA system, this seemingly confusing system can become your best friend once you learn how to use it. It takes awhile to get used to, trust me; I’ve lived in Braintree a.k.a the last stop on the red line my whole life and I just learned how to get to Faneuil Hall. Whether you’re a frequent T user or still don’t know what a Charlie Card is, here’s a guide to the T stops of Boston that have the most to offer.

Park Street:  One of the most popular stops on the green line, Boston Common is the perfect place for a date with that cute guy in your history class. Whether you want to take a romantic ride in the swan boats in the beautiful Boston Public Gardens, go on those duck tours everyone loves, or skate around Frog Pond in the winter, Boston Common is easily one of the prettiest places our city has to offer. My recommendation? Go once the leaves start to change colors; walking down those pathways surrounded by those yellow, red and orange trees will remind you why you went to school in New England.

Downtown Crossing:  Home to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, Downtown Crossing is a great place to go shopping with your friends for the day. You can spend that well-earned paycheck on a brand new Coach bag, those amazing jeans at American Eagle, or some awesome posters for your dorm at Newbury Comics. After all that shopping, grab some clam chowder or a quick delicious meal at one of the many eateries inside Quincy Market. If you’re looking for a sit-down meal and want insulting paper hats to wear around the city, go to Dick’s Last Resort, where the wait staff will make fun of you the whole night and give new meaning to the term Masshole. Also, don’t forget to check out the awesome street performers that put on great shows throughout the day! Who doesn’t want to see a guy put a sword down his throat while riding a unicycle, right?

Haymarket: Looking for a fancy place to wear that new dress you just bought? Craving a mint chocolate chip cannoli? Either way, the North End is the perfect place to go for a meal that will leave your taste buds tingling. Boston’s Little Italy is home to the best pizzas and pastas I have ever tasted. Ernesto’s gives you pizza slices three times the size of your head with any topping you want; I still have to go back for a slice of barbeque chicken pizza. On the pricier side of things, classic candlelit restaurants like Mother Anna’s and Gennaro’s will fill you up with the most delicious seafood medley and chicken parmesan you’ll ever have; well worthy the money. If you’re still hungry after all that bread and pasta, grab some gelato or cannolis at the famous Mike’s Pastry. They usually packed but a delicious dessert from there is well worth the wait.

Science Park: Home to one of my favorite museums in Boston, the Museum of Science is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon. Playing with all the toys in the playground section, trying to figure out the optical illusions decorating the walls, and getting caught in a simulated tornado are just a few of the “funducational” things to do that will make you feel like a kid again. One of the lesser known things about the Museum of Science is that it has the best view of the Charles River right behind the building. On a nice day the view is always gorgeous but if you go before nightfall it’s the perfect place to watch the sunset and see Boston lit up at night.

Northeastern: Right outside of Marino, the Northeastern T stop is easily the most accessible, and has a lot to offer. Right down the street on Huntington is the Museum of Fine Arts. It’s the perfect place to go on a rainy afternoon with some friends and be an art critic for the day, analyze the symbolism behind Albert Bierstadt’s “Storm in the Mountains,” marvel at the jewelry and gems in the Art of the Ancient World exhibits, and be awed by the beautiful sculptures and paintings that decorate every floor. For a nice shopping trip, head down to the other end of Huntington to the Prudential Center and hit up Vineyard Vines, 344, Saks, and an ice cream at Coldstone.

Of course there are many other fun places the T can take you in Boston; for every T stop there’s hundreds of fun and exciting things to do. Just bring a couple of friends with you, use the maps in each station, and make sure you get off at the right stop instead of going all the way to the end of the line.

Lindsay Marum

Northeastern

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!