This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s that time of the year again when the leaves are starting to change colors, and the cold Boston wind is picking up. The transition from warm, sunny weather to colder days can be gloomy at times, so here are seven things to add to your wishlist to make that transition easier!

1. Birkenstock Boston Shearling Clogs

N9Qqumj7fECzfYk OZ6GE7TQTgOkAXRJTtwxvDgoG6gQ2qBF 5aivFsncB52opC43JROovQuhlhyl1lGKaqjfz7svaqReEAXmNa h8OU6iG2NZmRpMXO18UIMW3NW0vifXrhmHKVKX1FJGH iuFDj AuNf2pryr1y7ZHr yKPDZZnQhBM40wgvC4

Image via Birkenstock

First off, we have the ever controversial Boston clogs. Now, I don’t own a pair myself, but I’m starting to understand why they are so popular. According to reviews, they’re comfortable, easy to style, and you can slip them right on as you head out the door. The shearling suede ones in the color “Night” are a nice twist on the classics, and the fur makes them even cozier for the fall and wintertime!

2. Fur Hats

diNX5bHieYchSC2fiPJAZeCvALmNUbIe5 rwWOH LaMIntXPp7mB44 kY57hcGcGdcnfc y

Image via Awesome Needs

I’ve been obsessed with fur hats as of lately, and I am still on the hunt for the perfect one to wear. Not only do they keep your head nice and warm when it’s chilly out, but there are also a variety of styles to choose from. These are certain to become a staple piece in your winter wardrobe.

3. Denim Maxi Skirts

fP1DgtsGN4PqCS0ggscqxXg5YfhnQDrEE3 17PPllDABUl31LAwm6GLELbMNqeRaXt7cYs a1I 8v6JHX sRW5P8hAEYK7tfNCd5B1VqzELe7rJUflpohz3VOA37LVITBgIh3SUETcJr MWbTOr5TwzjZ1uu0YNP4tPnW BBQRkyAX0cJUtegze6

Image via YUSE

While micro mini skirts are all the rage right now, they’re up for an inevitable loss against the unforgiving Boston wind. Maxi skirts provide more protection against the cold and can be dressed up or down depending on how you style them. Specifically, denim maxi skirts are stealing back their spotlight and should definitely be included in your wardrobe if you like vintage-chic vibes.

4. Statement Belts

kRe8KryLMQLEBhwR6QpZKCsnhpj3mfI gQNF1aJYfrLIzT9 Xm17VDDs5FsDr5YS3kJX1Pe4r5bCfecdaZQCI5Icwm62CFFk

Image via Diesel

Especially with the Diesel logo belts trending right now, belts are ever an important accessory in fashion. Statement belts can add so much to your outfits whether you pair them with pants or a skirt. You can even layer more than one if you want to be extra bold.

5. Oversized Biker Jackets

Image via Palace Skateboards

Leather jackets have always been a staple item to have, and oversized biker jackets are a nice twist on the trend. Typically featuring logos, patches, and other detailing, they easily become statement pieces and are super comfortable as well. Just throw one on and you’re good to go, day or night!

6. Cord Necklace with Statement Pendant

EHaKHS hpVE3Z fkW1 HMEsWnyeK 6G2x8sOtElUMmlaS7cisW5rgIW stY1N2PmzoolbC6VvBm2rhVB39cqnlpde Zz8u1TRmATs6mAtOmbvSEABkAEp8GaD2AIaVj DzsBU4wVi bQ8b7LlnP ENVe2XIDK9OMNtEeSp9JnLdHqSHFjwoaESa3A

Image via Lisa Says Gah

Like many trends from the ‘90s, cord pendant necklaces are making a comeback and are bigger than ever… literally. Many celebrities and influencers have been seen wearing necklaces with large pendants of all styles, especially heart pendants. This statement piece makes even the simplest of outfits look more stylish and adds a unique touch. 

7. Crossbody Bags

Image via Uniqlo

Last but not least are crossbody bags! Although I still love a good tote bag, they tend to slip off my shoulder, require a lot of adjusting, and sometimes get too heavy. Crossbody bags are a bit easier on the shoulders and upgrade outfits in a unique way, truly acting as an accessory should. I also like the flexibility they offer as you can also wear them as a shoulder bag on the days when you aren’t carrying as many things.

Paula Chung

Northeastern '25

Paula is a second-year media arts major with a minor in graphic and information design at Northeastern University. She is interested in fashion, music, and beauty.