5 Inventions You Probably Never Knew Existed (And Probably Never Need)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. The Butter Stick Type

How many times has this happened to you? You’re scooping butter out of one of those weird plastic things or a bulky tub and thinking, “Man, I wish there was a better way to spread this butter!” Well, your prayers have been answered. Introducing the Butter Stick Type. This stick of butter takes on glue stick form to guarantee optimum butter spreading. Just a simple twist and you can spread as much butter as you need with ease!

2. Apple Sweaters

You want to eat your apple, but you’re running late for class and you don’t want to eat it on the way. You leave it on your desk, but then something hits you. Your room is freezing and you really don’t want your apple to get cold. But thank goodness you bought those red apple sweaters that your friend tried to talk you out of getting. You’ve forgiven her, though, because she really didn’t know any better. She’s never experienced the travesty that is a cold apple. Besides, they’re so cute! So you wrap up your apple in a cute, red number and head off to class.

3. Anti-Theft Lunch Bags

You made this amazing PB&J sandwich this morning, and you’re sitting down to eat it when your friend calls you over for just a moment. You don’t want to bring your sandwich over because you don’t want to risk dropping it, but you don’t want anyone to take it either! What do you do? It’s probably time to pull out the trusty Anti-Theft Lunch Bag! This bag comes equipped with mold stains. Now no one will even think of taking your amazing sandwich.

4. Baby Mop

Picture this: You’re babysitting your adorable baby cousin, and he just spit up on the hardwood floor. You don’t mind because, really, it’s not that big of a mess, but here comes little Timmy, the other little cousin. He’s still pretty adorable, but why did he have to hit the terrible two’s? And here he comes spilling juice and crumbs on the ground on purpose! But don’t worry, introducing the Baby Mop. Just strap the little baby into this one piece suit, add water and cleaning agent, and let him crawl! Now you can watch the baby, clean the floor, and save that precious energy for chasing little Timmy around the house when it’s time for bed.

5. The UroClub

So you’re on the golf course and you really need to pee, but you don’t see an available bush, and the nearest bathroom or porta potty is probably no where near where you are. But you’re winning; you’re about to break 100. You can’t end the game now. Don’t worry because you’ve got your trusty UroClub. Gone are the days when you have to storm off the course to find a bathroom! The UroClub looks like an ordinary golf club, but do not be deceived. This special club comes with a reservoir that opens up. Just clip on the privacy towel and open the floodgates!

*Note: This invention is intended for male use. Sorry Collegiettes! But don’t worry, because Christmas is just around the corner and there are bound to be some guys on your list who could use a UroClub!

Hope Oje

Northeastern

My name is Hope and I'm a Communication Studies major. I chose to be a Communication Studies major because I love learning about different media and how each type affects the audience in a different way. Also, this major puts me on the path toward a publishing job, which is important to me. I was born in Oakland, California and raised in Richmond, California, but I've lived in South Jersey for the past five years. Some of my interests include playing tennis, watching tennis, and spending time with my friends and family.
Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!