4 Halloween Costumes You Already Have In Your Closet

Halloween is coming up, and everyone’s got spooky season on their minds. Finding Halloweekend costumes is at the top of every college student's to-do lists. However, not everyone has the time, money or resources to go out and buy a costume near their schools. Luckily, there is a simple solution to this problem. Why not put a cute costume together with the clothes you already have? 

1. 1. Band Fan

Represent your favorite band with this super easy costume! The great thing about this look is that you can customize it however you want depending on your personal style. If you want to add more of a modern edge, wear black fishnet tights under ripped jeans. Wear your hair in French braids, space buns, or crimped to compliment your rocker look!

What you'll need: A band T-shirt, black or ripped jeans, fishnets, combat boots

2. 2. Cowgirl 

One of the most classic Halloween costumes in the book! Wear your favorite fall flannel and comfiest pair of jeans to personalize your look. Put your hair in two braids, tie a bandana around your neck and yeehaw, you’ve got yourself a costume!

What you'll need: Flannel shirt, jeans, bandana/cowgirl hat, boots (if you don’t have cowboy boots, try brown/black combat boots or booties for a more dressed up look!)

3. 3. Hippie

Get groovy with this chic hippie look! This costume is very versatile so it’s sure to be a comfy fit for a night of Halloween festivities. You can style your hair any way you’d like, but I’d recommend straightening your hair and adding some small braids. Accessorize with hoop earrings or any other boho-style jewelry to transform yourself into a Woodstock queen!

What you'll need: Peasant top, flare jeans, platform shoes, sunglasses, flower crown, hoop earrings (optional)

4. 4. Bed Head

For those who love sleeping, this is a perfect choice! I can confidently say that everyone who reads this article has this costume. I went as a bedhead one year as a last-minute Halloween costume and had a blast (however, I was a pre-pubescent at the time and won't subject you to a picture of that.). Besides its simplicity, this costume is super flexible and extremely comfortable. To stress the bed head look, try tousling up your hair a little or putting it in a messy bun. An added bonus — you can go right to bed after your Halloween festivities!

What you'll need: Pajamas, slippers, blanket/stuffed animal (optional)

There are certainly many more costumes you can create from your closet, but hopefully these ideas will help you plan the perfect Halloween outfit! The best part is that you get to be as creative as you want, so you can complement your outfit depending on your personal style. If you need any last-minute costume pieces, I’d recommend stopping by a local thrift store to find cute options for low prices.

Whether you’ve had a costume planned since July or you choose a costume on the night of October 30th, what’s most important is that you have fun — so eat all the candy, tell all the scary ghost stories, and have an amazing, safe Halloween!