10 Student Discounts You Need to Use While You’re in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Textbook, groceries, school supplies, late-night Uber rides; it all adds up. Life as a college student is hard on the wallet, but luckily there are many ways that you can save money. Many brands and companies offer discounts exclusively for college students. Here are 10 of the most useful discounts that will help you save money this semester!

1. Apple

Thinking about purchasing a new Mac for school? Make sure to take advantage of Apple’s student discounts on certain products, as well as their offer to give every student a pair of Beats headphones with a purchase.

2. Greyhound

Save 10% on Greyhound travel when buying your next bus ticket home.

3. Amtrak

Use your student ID to get up to 15% when booking a train with Amtrak.

4. Amazon Prime Student membership

Amazon offers its student membership at half the price for a full Amazon subscription, which makes it about $6.49 a month. This subscription includes a six-month free trial in addition to Prime two-day shipping, Prime Video and Prime Reading.

5. FedEx

Sending something home to your parents or across the country to a friend? Use your student ID to save 30% when sending documents and 20% on packages.

6. Apple Music

With the normal price for an Apple Music subscription being $9.99 per month, this half-price subscription, at $4.99, is definitely a good deal.

7. Spotify Premium AND Hulu

This deal is truly the best of both worlds. This bundle gives you access to Spotify Premium, Hulu and SHOWTIME, all for the just under $5 per month. This is compared to a normal price of $9.99 per month for Spotify, $7.99 per month for Hulu and $10.99 per month for SHOWTIME.

8. The New York Times

Want to stay up to date on current affairs? The New York Times offers a student discount to help keep you in the loop, giving you online access for only $1 per week!

9. UniDAYS App

UniDAYS is a program that partners with many of your favorite brands and stores to provide students with great discounts at stores like American Eagle, Madewell, Adidas and more! Sign up at myunidays.com or download the app and let the shopping spree begin! You can also get money by referring UniDAYS to your friends!

10. Honey Extension

Honey is an extension you can add to your web browser that automatically searches for coupons and discounts on whatever site you’re on. Whether you’re searching North Face for that warm winter jacket or ordering a burger through GrubHub, using Honey is a sure way to ensure you get the best deal. Simply go to joinhoney.com to add the extension to your browser!

Mary Moskowitz

Northeastern '22

.
Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.