This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Thanksgiving break is among us and the only thing that’s on my mind is PIE, not the horrid family gatherings with awkward conversations about what exactly your major is, and not the turkey, but the amazing variety of flaky buttery pies there will be at dinner. So, to get in the mood for pie this thanksgiving and avoid boredom, I have put together a list of my four-most favorite TV shows and movies all about pie.

1.Pushing Daisies

(Photo credits to imbd.com)

If there is any show that can get you in the mood for pie it’s Pushing Daisies. Pushing Daisies is one of my most favorite shows of all time created by Bryan Fuller and was released in 2007, with sadly only two seasons ending way too soon and I still have hope for it to be rebooted one of these days, there are still so many unanswered questions! Pushing Daisies is based around Ned (Lee pace), Ned is a pie-maker with an unexpected power to bring the dead back to life. Having that power, he teams up with a private investigator (Chi Mc Bride) to solve murder mysteries and later has a re-encounter with his childhood sweetheart (Anna Friel) who also gets involved in the mystery solving. If you decide to watch this amazing pie-filled show get ready for some serious love, serious pie making, and insane mystery solving.

2. Waitress

(Photo credits to imbd.com)

Whenever my mother and I get ready to bake up some pies for Thanksgiving all I can think about is this film. This film was released in 2007 and was written and directed by Adrienne Shelly, and to this day is a film that really inspires me. Waitress is a very sad but hopeful experience all in one, following the life of a pie maker named Jenna (Keri Russell), who is in an abusive relationship and works at a pie diner in the deep south. Jenna finds out she is pregnant and tires to find a way out of her life, on her journey of pregnancy she falls into an unlikely relationship. In hopes that you decide to take on this film over your Thanksgiving break, sit tight and get ready for some amazing pie-visuals, and a very heartfelt ending.

3.Toast

(Photo credits to imbd.com)

Baking is one of my favorite hobbies, hence the obsession with pie. And toast fills me with absolute joy because it not only includes amazing baking scenes but also includes pie (lemon meringue to be exact). Toast was released in 2010 and was directed by S.J. Clarkson. The movie follows the main character Nigel (Freddie) and his mother who is a horrible cook. Unfortunately, Nigel’s mother passes and Nigel is left alone with his father (Ken Stott), as time passes Nigel’s father gains an interest in their new maid (Helena Bonham Carter) who wins his heart with her cooking. Nigel then becomes determined to over shadow her and learns to cook through school and spying on her to learn her baking secrets, in hopes to win his father back. In this quirky dramedy, you’ll laugh and cry and maybe even get in the mood for some pie.

4.Labor Day

(Photo credits to imbd.com)

Lastly, Labor Day is not exactly a completely pie themed movie but ends with pie happiness (sorry spoilers, sort of) released in 2013 and written/directed by Jason Reitman with co-writer Joyce Maynard. Labor Day is a very emotional movie with its ups and downs, the movie begins with Adele (Kate Winslet) a single mom with her son Henry (Gattlin Griffith). Adele being affected from past traumatic life events has a very sheltered life and NEVER goes outside, but the one day she decides to take the risk of stepping out of the house they give a ride to a wounded man, which they later discover is an escaped convict who holds them hostage in their home but becomes less of a threat when they begin to learn his true story. So, buckle up for an emotional rollercoaster with a happily pie filled ending.

International Business and French double major fascinated by story telling and poodles!