What to do this Valentine’s Day in the East Village

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just one day away, but don’t freak out if you haven’t figured out your plans quite yet. There are plenty of places throughout the East Village that will make the holiday perfect for you and your valentine—or even just to celebrate with the special people in your life. Here are some great spots to check out this Valentine’s Day:

1. Get a chocolatey treat at Max Brenner

Who doesn’t love chocolate, especially on Valentine’s Day? Located at 831 Broadway, Max Brenner allows you to enjoy a nice dinner and some wonderful desserts. The menu is full of chocolate treats from various kinds of hot cocoa to their Melting Chocolate Heart Cake & Shake. What’s not to love about that?

2. Catch a classic RomCom at a local theater

Head on over to Village East Cinema to catch one of their showings of Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Located on the corner of E 12th St and 2nd Avenue, they will be screening the iconic movie at 4pm, 7pm, and 7:45pm. Grab your significant other or a few friends and make your way to the theater to pick up some popcorn and watch an all time favorite film.

3. “Love Stinks!” Comedy Show 

Boris & Horton, a dog friendly coffee shop located on the corner of 13th and 1st Avenue, is hosting a Valentine’s Day comedy show at 7pm on the 14th. It will be a night full of jokes and funny stories about past loves and relationships. This event is donation based, with a recommended donation of $20. Each ticket comes with a goody bag for you and your pup!  

4. Order a heart shaped pizza!

East Village Pizza sells adorable pizzas that will make your Valentine’s Day dinner even more adorable. Their heart shaped pizzas come in four flavors: cheese, pepperoni, white, and margarita. The shop is located on the corner of 9th and 1st Avenue, and their pizzas are available to order for delivery!

5. Grab a pastry Veniero’s 

Veniero’s Pasticceria & Caffe, at 342 E 11th St, is the perfect spot to bring your valentine for a quick bite. The famous cafe offers all types of fun treats that will make your holiday just a bit sweeter. Head on over for their delicious New York Cheesecake or classic cannolis. You can never go wrong with the treats that are offered on their menu. 

6. At Home Celebration

Lastly, grab some of your closest friends, bake some brownies, get out all the cozy blankets and turn on your favorite rom com. There’s nothing better than spending a fun night with all your girlfriends, enjoying some snacks and a movie! Valentine’s Day is what you make of it, so make it fun!

Hope Thompson

New School '25

Hope Thompson is a Journalism & Design major and Photography minor at The New School. She enjoys taking walks around the city to find the best coffee spots and spending time with her friends.