Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Uni: Sex – The Ultimate Guide to Incredible Sex for Students

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Everyone’s sex educations vary. I attended an all-girls private Catholic high school so you can probably guess that my sex-ed wasn’t the most liberating. Nor did it cover anything past heteronormative relationships, the consequences of having sex (STDs and pregnancy), and was based in abstinence.

Most sexual educations in America aren’t comprehensive and mainly highlight the terrible things about sex. And while it is super important to know what can happen when you have unprotected sex, sex has been so repressed throughout our younger lives, by the time we start to have sex our sexual knowledge is limited. We either have to find out through our own research: the internet (which can also lead us astray) or our own first experiences (which can be awkward and scary).  

But fear not, because leading sex-toy retailer Lovehoney has teamed up with Eileen Kelly, noted sex educator and founder of Killer and a Sweet Thang to launch a sex-ed guide that is working to help students navigate safe-sex and sexuality. The *free* 43-page guide is literally everything you need to know about having not just safe sex, but great sex.

The guide doesn’t just talk about P-in-V sex (although that’s extensively covered too), you’ll also find everything you need to know about consent, sending nudes, body positivity, sex toys, the importance of non-penetrative sex, and how to have enjoyable anal sex.

“According to The Centers for Disease Control, over 98% of people on this planet will have sex by the age of 40. Sex is arguably our most universal experience. And to ensure these experiences are always safe, pleasurable, and healthy, we need to speak candidly about human sexuality,” writes Kelly.

“Baby boomers love to talk about how screwed up younger generations are when it comes to intimacy, but we’re not even taught the proper terms for our anatomy, let alone further mention of the s.e.x. So it’s no wonder by the time we actually begin to do the deed, we are underprepared and overhyped,” she writes.

The guide also covers topics like how to enjoy sex using a condom, and how to solve common pleasure problems like vaginal tightness, erectile and ejaculation issues, discomfort during orgasms, as well as the question: What counts as sex?

“…the term ‘sex’ itself has become much more fluid over the last few years,” states the guide. “While ‘having sex’ with someone used to mean exclusively heterosexual intercourse, shifting attitudes to gender and sexuality mean this is no longer as ‘straight’-forward. Really, ‘sex’ can be used to refer to any sort of consensual sexual activity, depending on your own parameters, sensibilities and sexual orientation.”

You can download Uni: Sex – The Ultimate Guide to Incredible Sex for Students for FREE here.

Logan Mahan

New School '20

Logan is a senior studying Journalism + Design at The New School. Her interests include (but not limited to) fashion, politics, red wine, the Bee Gees, playing "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston at every function she attends, and of course, writing. 
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com