These Up-and-Coming Teen Musicians Will Have You ‘Adding to Playlist’ ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

The little-known singers that need to be on your radar.

Gabe James: Hailing from Colorado prior to relocating to L.A., Gabe James is sure to soon be a household name. With three (!) upcoming EP’s set to release this year, Gabe’s smooth vocals (complete with a genuine down-to-earth personality), make him someone you should definitely follow. Stay tuned for exciting announcements and songs! 

You can follow him @gabexjames.

New Rules: Comprised of Alec McGarry, Ryan Meaney, and Nathan Lambert, three incredible musicians in their own right, this British group is one not to miss. Previously having opened for Little Mix and Julia Michaels, and now headlining a (rescheduled due to Covid – they even released merch for it called ‘The Tour That Never Happened’) tour of their own playing some of the biggest arenas in the U.K., these guys are as humble and funny as they are talented. Be sure to tune into their weekly ‘Fizzy Fridays’ Instagram livestreams where they chat with fans and sing songs, and check out their TikToks for more content as well (they’ll either have you laughing over comedic posts or aweing over wholesome content and important causes they bring to attention). Seriously, these lads are going to hit it big, so now’s the time to hop on the bandwagon (don’t say I didn’t tell you). 

You can follow them @newrules or @newrulesband on all social platforms, or @alecmcgarry, @mrnathanlambert, and @ryanmeaney12, respectively. 

Gunnar Gehl: Apart from hosting his widely-popular ‘One Second of One Day’ series (which features an array of celebrity guests for performances and discussions on mental health *cue the applause*), Gunnar Gehl, a Southern California-based singer-songwriter, has gathered himself quite a following from his feel-good songs. 

You can follow him on all social platforms @gunnargehl.

Daysormay: Canadian alternative band Daysormay, featuring singer Aidan Andrews and brothers Carson and Nolan Bassette, are on the rise. These three members have found the key to creating alternative hits that are sure to have you listening on repeat, and recently had their song Role Model hit 1 million streams.

You can follow them at @daysormay, @aidanandrews, @nqoan, and @carsonbassett.

Thomas Headon: Australian-born and London-based singer Thomas Headon has been steadily gaining traction in the U.K. for the past several months (he recently played on the CBBC!), and for good reason. Thomas’ crooning voice is soothing to listen to, and his almost-daily livestreams that raise hundreds of dollars for charities make this sweetheart a definite one to watch.

You can follow him @thomasheadon.

Sierra (‘CeCe’) is a writer for The New School’s HerCampus chapter, and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, Campus Trendsetters, and College Fashionista programs. She has formerly been a part of the High School Ambassadors program (now renamed HerFuture) and has been with HerCampus since her sophomore year of high school. She primarily writes articles on sustainability and environmentalism, fashion, music, and being a college student (go Narwhals!). She has previously studied at the University of the Arts London for Fashion Studies and Pratt Institute. She can be found in New York City at concerts or listening to true crime podcasts outside of class. Feel free to reach out to her for advice, suggestions, or to say hey! Her Instagram is @cecewarsh.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com