Style > Fashion

The Radar Is Taking New York Fashion Week By Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

The New York Fashion Week Spring season has come to an end, but it’s just the beginning for The Radar. The new fashion week-based event caught the eyes of New York’s artists this season. A collective runway and gallery event where artists and designers can showcase their pieces and where the attendees can purchase said pieces after the show. This up-and-coming fashion week-based event is something everyone should keep their eyes out for. 

The Radar’s founder: Caitlyn Liu, was able to host her first fashion week event in less than a year. As a young Asian-American woman, Caitlyn was able to bring a different perspective on the fashion industry and is bringing light to a heavily toxic industry that makes it difficult for designers/artists to grow. Helping these artists flourish and reach new heights in their careers is one of many of The Radar’s goals. The debut of The Radar drew in a crowd of fashionable New Yorkers and influencers. Being a large success this past Spring season, The Radar has already made an impact on the fashion industry. 

During The Radars show, 10 designers and 5 gallery artists will be displayed every season. After the runway show, attendees can purchase pieces via QR code immediately. The shopping experience allows buyers to discover new designers and artists by purchasing the works presented. The designers are set up at vendor stations along with other artists that are viewed in a gallery set up. The interactive experience after the show truly allows the attendees to connect with the designs presented throughout the runway. 

Helping artists and designers network through the fashion industry and allowing people to build experience within. The Radar is taking the fashion industry by storm and you’re not gonna wanna miss it.

Hi! My name is Angela and I'm a student at The New School where I'm currently studying journalism. I love writing and reading poetry. The topics I enjoy writing about a range of topics including fashion/beauty, relationships, pop culture, and self help.