halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style > Fashion

Low Stress Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

With only six days until Halloween, online shopping for a costume is no longer an option. The next stop is working with your closet, which can seem to be an overwhelming task but with this list, you will surely narrow it down to a stellar last-minute costume. 

Cowgirl/boy/person

The pair of cowboy boots that you swore you were going to wear when you bought them finally have an occasion! Pair with any denim items and braids, if you can find a hat, even better. 

The Shining Twins

Perfect for a duo. All you need is a blue dress, tall white socks, a hair clip and black shoes. Find a good hallway with ill hotel-like lighting for full effect. 

Catwoman 

Any black tight fighting clothes with some cat ears. May get mistaken for a black cat, so safe to add a mask or utility belt and some dramatic makeup.

Poison Ivy

Pairs well with Catwoman. Wear all green and add fake ivy vines as you please (like a scarf, belt, or attach to clothes/body if you’re feeling creative). 

Jazzercise 

Leg warmers, tights, any workout clothes and an 80’s-esque high pony. The brighter the colors, the better!

Have cargo pants? You have options!

• Kim Possible: add a black crop top and black gloves, easier to recognize if you have red/ginger hair
  • Subway surfers girl: White tank top, red beanie and pigtails. May take some explaining, but the real ones will get it. 

Corset – One of the best building blocks for last-minute costumes. A few options include:

• Marie Antoinette: Pair with a puffy skirt and anything that looks expensive, 19th-century makeup. Great excuse to carry cake around with you for the night
  • Princess: similar to Marie, minus the cake if you can’t get it on short notice
  • Pirate: Works best with a dark color corset, add a headscarf, flashy jewelry and if you are able to pick one up, an eye patch or a small parrot stuffed animal.

Want to be warm/comfortable? No problem!

• Skier: Puffer jacket, track pants, ski goggles (or big sunglasses)
  • Paris Hilton: tracksuit and big sunglasses, doesn’t have to be Juicy Couture (but it doesn’t hurt if it is) can augment for less comfort by wearing a micro mini skirt, or for less warmth, a small slogan shirt… make it a duo, add Nicole Ritchey! 
  • Tate from AHS: unearth the black and green striped sweater and pair it with jeans. Not the most exciting, but definitely comfortable. If you’re feeling ambitious, the skull makeup is a great addition!

No need to rely on the typical lingerie and animal ears (even though you truly can never go wrong with that combo)! Hopefully, you found some inspiration and have an amazing Halloween, especially since the stress of not knowing what you’re wearing has been lifted!

Freshman at the New School in New York Culture, art, fashion, everything in between Instagram @paigewindham