This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Halloween is the best time of year for all things scary and spooky! As a college student who is not from the city, it can be hard to celebrate the best of the holiday season without those familiar faces, but New York City has plenty of events for some good old Halloween fun, especially if you are a student at The New School.

costume trade

Have a bunch of old Halloween costumes? Why not trade them with your fellow peers? Tomorrow, October 27th, students can trade Halloween costumes at the University Center.

Gnarloween Party

Let’s be honest: who isn’t obsessed with Gnarls, the narwhal, and Halloween? The New School has combined everyone’s two favorite things together in a Gnarloween party at the University Center on October 31st. The event is hosted by Student Leadership and Involvement (SLI) and provides students with the spooktacular opportunity to eat lots of candy, win spooky prizes, and hang with Gnarls and other spooky folks on the spookiest day of the year.

FYF Halloween movie night

Are you a freshman at TNS? Does socializing scare you despite wanting to make friends? Well, first-year fellows like myself have got you covered! First-year fellows are hosting a Halloween movie night on November 2nd and 3rd at 8 p.m. in the Hirshon Suite in the CoPA building for first-years to celebrate the year’s best holiday! There will be pizza and spooky snacks for freshmen to feast on.

6th Ave halloween parade

Every year on Halloween night, New Yorkers can see many strange creatures and characters on 6th Avenue. The parade starts at 7 p.m. and ends around 11 p.m. Dress up and bring some friends along for a night of Halloween fun!

Happy Halloween!

Gabriella is a Junior studying Culture and Media at The New School's Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts. When she's not writing or doing schoolwork, she enjoys watching movies, drinking way too much coffee, and exploring the city!