Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Style > Beauty

Find Your Pleasing

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

An Introduction to Harry Styles’s Next Meaningful Legacy

Pop-rock phenom Harry Styles shared exciting news on his Instagram account this morning about his new “life brand,” Pleasing, which launched November 15th. The photo is from his recent interview with Dazed magazine and features a grunge-meets-disco Harry perched on a motorcycle while donning his signature flare pants. While the photoshoot alone was enough to send fans into a frenzy, it was the announcement of his first business venture that really generated buzz. The photo spread accompanying his interview with Dazed reflects the fun, boundary-defying style that Harry is known for. It makes sense, then, that his new line of skin care and nail polish seek to evoke that same playful, celebratory energy. “I’ve always found that the moments in my life which have brought me the most joy are the small ones, whether it be, you know, the end of the night under the stars or a bite of food, or sitting with your friends thinking, ‘Oh, I’m never gonna forget this.’ It’s always those moments that I find have the longest-lasting effect on me, in terms of sparking something wonderful in me,” Harry told Dazed.

While the concept of the brand appears broad, Harry conveys that this is purposeful in hopes of creating a wide appeal that encourages everyone to enjoy what Pleasing has to offer. Currently, the Pleasing website lists a limited amount of products, including four nail polish colors with a pearly finish, the Pearlescent Illuminating Serum with dissolving pearl capsules, and the Pleasing Pen, a lip and eye oil infused with all-natural ingredients. The decision to incorporate pearls into his line of products comes as no surprise since a pearl necklace has been Harry’s go-to red carpet accessory. Pearls are also symbolic of the naturally occurring beauty that Pleasing embraces. “We take inspiration from the way nature adorns itself and the multitudes of unique identities in our communities” reads the official brand statement. Above all, though, Harry explains that Pleasing is about giving back to the community of people that have always supported him both professionally and as a human being. “The products feel like as much of a nod to genderless beauty as it is to his fans,” wrote @impact in an Instagram post. As he navigates his new business mogul status, I will be trying all the glamorous yet grounded products that please us while we wait in anticipation for Harry’s next experimental endeavor. You can purchase Pleasing products now at www.pleasing.com!

Sources

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/54765/1/harry-styles-pleasing-brand-cover-2021-interview

Natalie Hooker

New School '24

I'm currently a sophomore student at The New School, and my passions include art, writing, cosmetology, and animals. I love following expressive fashion and beauty trends, and enjoy veiwing film and television, all of which I'm so excited to be writing about for Her Campus.