This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Unfortunately, I started drinking coffee at age 12 and have been a-cup-a-day person ever since. I’m a serial iced coffee drinker (it’s gotta be below 20° for me to switch over to hot) and a huge fan of oat milk. Luckily, New York has hundreds of coffee shops for me to try and get my daily fix at. Here’s my top four favorites for when I’m walking around and realize a cup of joe is calling my name:

Ground Support Cafe

399 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012

Ground Support is one of my all time favorites in NYC. They have a great little outdoor seating area and inside seating for non-COVID times! Their menu is super yummy (a few sandwiches and bagels—try the herb cream cheese) and their coffee is fantastic. Ground Support is located right in the heart of Soho off of Spring St., so next time you’re in the area for some window shopping, give it a try!

Seven Grams Caffe

175 Varick St., New York, NY 10014

The only thing better than Seven Grams’ cold brew is their insane selection of baked goods. Hello, vegan tahini cookies! Though their Hudson Square location is unassuming from the outside, it’s a fabulous choice for a quick coffee stop and a snack (plus, they also have stores in Midtown if you’re near there!). The baristas are friendly and welcoming, and the smell of their fresh pastries makes for a perfectly welcoming atmosphere. After grabbing your drink, walk five minutes down to the Hudson River Park to enjoy your coffee by the water and regret not getting more than one cookie. 

Cafe Atelier

112 Hudson St., New York, NY 10013 

When you’re really in the mood for a sip-and-sit, Cafe Atelier is the place to be. Part flower shop, part cafe, Cafe Atelier is lovely inside with coffee and treats to match. Though a bit on the pricey side, their seating is comfortable and cute, and their options are great (try the lavender latte with a scone!). It’s the perfect place to chill out and do some reading while enjoying the ambience. 

Kaffe 1668

401 Greenwich St., New York, NY, 10013

In case you’ve ever wanted to drink a coffee surrounded by mini statues of sheep (you probably haven’t, but hey) Kaffe 1668 has got you covered. Walking into the cafe, you’re met by tons of tiny stuffed sheep lining the walls. Their drinks are delicious and well priced, and they have a ton of options for lunch or snacks. They have a large seating area inside for post-COVID, but for now, a patio out front offers pleasant spots to sip your drink and relax. 

Jess Grody

New School '23

Jess is a junior Literary Studies student at The New School's Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts. She enjoys writing on writing on her experiences in New York, culture, and politics. Originally from Los Angeles, Jess is a devoted drinker of oat milk and loves crocheting or reading in her free time.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com