Life > Experiences

5 Instagram-worthy Locations You Need to Visit in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

New York is teeming with beautiful places to visit. There’s the iconic and always bustling Times Square, ethereal Bryant Park, the alluring Highline and so much more. But if you’re like me, you probably don’t want to get swallowed up by all of the newcomers eager to visit these tourist attractions. So, I’ve gathered six Instagram-worthy locations that you just have to add to your “places to go” list. 

Central Park

@roanmclean via Instagram

Now, I know I said we would be doing our best to avoid tourist attractions, but Central Park just had to make it on the list. Plus, there’s so much to explore within the park, where you likely won’t be swarmed by tourists. It may be too chilly to take a boat ride across the water, but Central Park is definitely an ideal backdrop with all of the greenery and plant life just waiting to be explored.

Soho

@tammy.tot via Instagram

One of my personal favorite places to go in New York is SoHo, and not just because of the shopping. While making purchases at ZARA or Aritzia is fun in and of itself, the stores themselves are the perfect backdrops for pictures. Upon entering SoHo from Broadway, you are immediately met with lines of designer shops: Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Chloé to name a few. Plop yourself on the steps in front of one of these shops and shoot away! 

New York Public Library

@kaykaybrown via Instagram

Another hotspot for creating content is the New York Public Library, better known as NYPL. With the steps leading up to the library being Gossip Girl-worthy in and of themselves, the fountains lining both sides of the steps are just as remarkable. 

Ladurée

@shivanijune via Instagram

These last two locations are places you can take photos AND dine at. Ladurée, known for its decadent sweets (especially the macaroons!) is a sight to behold just from the window. And with the adorable tables out front, this little shop is the perfect place to take pictures as you enjoy some dessert.

Angelina Paris

@thesandraduran via Instagram

Last but definitely not least is Angelina Paris. Here in New York, this is the only place you’ll find this dainty restaurant in the US. Plus, they serve all three meals and have the cutest decor inside the restaurant. There are so many places for photo ops and I don’t think I’ll ever get over the gorgeous pink cart that greets you as you walk in!

Kea Humilde

New School '26

Kea Humilde is a New School first year intending to major in Journalism+Design and minor in Fashion Communications. When she's not busy shopping in the city and creating content, she's rooting for the Los Angeles Chargers.