When we heard that Rihanna was being awarded at The New School’s 69th Parsons Benefit, it’s safe to say we actually squealed with excitement. We don’t need to be the ones to tell you that Rihanna is a QUEEN, but we love any excuse to celebrate all the reasons why she is so inspiring to us every single day.
1. When she pulled off the ballgown of our DREAMS at the Grammy’s in 2015.
2. Speaking of which, the 8 Grammy awards she has won for her groundbreaking musical career.
3. And while winning those Grammy’s, she still managed to be awarded the Harvard Humanitarian of the Year honor.
4. Her Anti album; need we say more?
5. That time she wore TNS alum Snow Xue Gao’s designs to headline the Global Citizen’s Festival.
6. When she casually said that she “consistently find[s] creative and exciting designs coming from Parsons alumni, so I feel a deep connection to the school.”
7. THIS MET GALA MOMENT.
8. Gracing the cover of Vogue in 2011 with the most intense and amazing red hair we’ve ever seen.
9. Her unparalleled philanthropic work through the Clara Lionel Foundation, which supports educational reform throughout the world.
10. And, of course, the “Umbrella” music video, an ICONIC moment that made us fall in love with her.
[Feature Image by AP]