This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

In case you missed my first article this is Day Two of a Twenty day writing challenge I am participating in. This will be a series of articles so feel free to check out the first one and the rest as they get published! 

Day 2: Three Wishes

– I wish to have a better hook on my mental health. Being able to wake up in the morning and not feel the dark cloud hovering over me would be an amazing feeling. Seeing someone is helping a bunch, but I wish I was little stronger. Strength comes in bits and pieces everyday, but you win some, you lose some.

– I wish to pass! School isn’t hard, but it isn’t easy, either; it’s also on a day-by-day basis. I have my good days and bad days. I LOVE SUNY New Paltz, I love my major & minor, I love the subjects I’m learning. That definitely helps when it comes to learning (liking what I learn), but sometimes the course load can get heavy.

– I wish to learn how to be happy AND stay happy. It’s easy to make yourself happy in the moment, but to be able to keep that happiness up for an extended period of time? A skill I have not mastered. Is there a class on that?

Tune in tomorrow for Day 3! Feel free to express yourself in the comments, or even take on the challenge for yourself! Check out Day One’s article if you haven’t read it yet! 

Call me Jai [which rhymes with 'hi']! I'm currently a student at SUNY New Paltz, majoring in Communication Disorders and minoring in Deaf Studies. I'm a huge fan of horror movies, comic books, and Harry Potter. I've been writing since I was young, and I specialize in spoken word and short stories. I am originally from Brooklyn, but have lived in a variety of states over the years. I love music (anything in the alternative rock/pop punk/rap & hip-hop genre is my jam). I aspire to be either a Teacher of the Deaf or speech-language pathologist in a school, after I get that Master's, of course (and possibly my PhD). I also want to be an advocate for mental health in the Black community, speaking out for those who do not have a voice. Writing novels like Stephen King and J.K. Rowling in the future is just a side job :)