david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Movies to Watch Before Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

As October begins, the days are getting colder and midterms are rapidly approaching. You may be tempted to curl up with a comfy blanket and prepare yourself for one of your favorite holidays. Here are the top ten movies that will leave you loving Halloween but also fear it.

1. Hocus Pocus

We all know this is the first classic Halloween movie that we think of when our favorite season comes around. Your Halloween won’t be complete without watching a few re-runs!

2. The Nightmare before Christmas Yes, this may have Christmas in the title, and we know were not ready for that yet…but Jack is the King of Halloween Town, and this is a true classic that will never fail to make you smile.

3. The Halloweentown Series

Now this series I can never forget to watch when Halloween comes around. We have to admit that at some point in our childhood we hoped we could secretly be a witch/wizard, and go onto to save Halloweentown.

4. The Addams Family Our favorite family comes out this month. This film will always make you laugh, and I don’t know about you, but I feel like Wednesday is my spirit animal.

5. Scream Series If you’re loooking for a little scare, Scream is always one to make you fear being alone.

6. A Nightmare on Elm Street

This film will leave you feeling paranoid to fall asleep with fear that Freddy might come for you next!

7. The Ring

I know every time I think of a girl crawling out of a TV, sends shivers down my spine. No need to lock your doors, she prefers televisions.

8. Evil Dead The thought of this movie makes my blood run cold.

9. Halloween Just the name Michael Myers is enough to give me the jitters, and we know that’s the feeling we search for around Halloween.

10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre A Halloween classic known for its gore and endless chase.

If these movies are on your list already, then you are fully prepared for this year’s Halloween.

Hi I'm Nicole. To be honest I'm just a typical small town girl making her way through college, waiting for the day my dreams come true. I study Communications-Film Studies with a minor in Theatre, here at the University of New Haven. I love pumpkin spice iced coffee and long walks on the beach but most of all, I love sharing my thoughts and opinions with people who are willing to hear. I haven't wrote too many stories but I feel like I have so much to share with everyone, so I decided to finally start writing and I feel like Her Campus is the place to start!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!