pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Kaitlin Mahar ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Name: Kaitlin Mahar

Hometown: Trumbull, CT

Major/Minor: Communications B.S. with minors in English and Theater

Year: Class of 2016

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Campus Involvement: The Charger Bulletin, the Honors Program, Lambda Pi Eta, and the UNH Theater Program

Favorite Eatery on Campus: Wherever I can eat for free

As of now, what is your favorite class?: Reviewing the Arts with Jonathan Yukich (Or Fundamentals of Dance, in case my professor, Diana Harris, is reading this.)

What has been your favorite thing about UNH?: Definitely the people. Not only have I made some lifelong friends, but it’s a really diverse environment. It’s like a sampling of what we’ll come across once we’re out of college, and I think that’s perfect preparation for the “real world.”

Hobbies/Talents: Acting, Drinking unhealthy amounts of Mountain Dew, Impersonating Karen Smith from Mean Girls, Irritating those around me, Reading (mostly Audrey Hepburn biographies), Sailing, Sudoku, Taking pictures of my pets, Yoga, Wasting all of my money on candles, and Alphabetizing

Dream Job: Actor

Future Plans: How far into the future are we talking here? Like five years? Ten years? Tomorrow? Honestly, I’d just like to graduate, live on my own, be surrounded by people I love who love me back, have a job I love (and be able to pay the bills with), and own animals (obviously).

Fun Fact About You: For those of you who haven’t heard already, I think cheese is gross.

Elissa is a 21-year-old college student studying journalism in New Haven, Connecticut. Hailing from Long Island, she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s from the city, just like she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s a student at Yale. In addition to being one of the Co-Founders and Campus Correspondents for Her Campus New Haven, she is also Editor-in-Chief of UNH's university newspaper. Besides drinking too much coffee and daydreaming about traveling the world, she spends most of her time writing, reading and complaining about the weather. Follow her at @elissasanci