10 Problems We All Have During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

1. When you’re getting ready to face the day and you can’t ask your roommate for outfit opinions.

How am I supposed to make important choices on my own without a panel of judges?  I’m not ready for this.

2. When you can’t stop talking about your college adventures to your friends from home and they just want you to shut up.

I know you don’t want to hear about how much fun I had without you, but just sit down and listen to my story.  I swear I still love you.

3. When your friends from home can’t stop talking about their college adventures.

Only I’m allowed to do this, guys.

4. When you forget what it’s like having your parents tell you what to do.

Chores?  I don’t remember what that means, mom.

5. When you end up having to fight your siblings for a chance to shower.

Why is it twice as hard to get a turn in the bathroom with one sibling than it is with three roommates?

6. When you can’t think of anything to do besides eating.

I’m not complaining.  Eating is one of my many talents.

7. When you realize your bank account is taking a beating.

Oh, look at that.  My balance is at $1.35…. think I can afford M&Ms with that much?

8. When your college friends have become your lifeline and going through everyday life seems impossible without them.

I’m supposed to do things… by myself?  I refuse to be an adult.

9. When you finally get a chance to de-stress but you don’t know what to do with yourself.

SO MUCH TIME TO WASTE.  I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m not used to this. 

10. When you realize the break is coming to an end and you haven’t even touched your homework yet.

Ah, anxiety, the familiar feeling. Well, what kind of professor gives homework during spring break anyway?

You know, these difficulties were counteracted with a period of relaxation so I can’t complain too much…   All we can do is prepare for our next break when we will relive these glorious struggles all over again.

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!